Chapter 3 : Eh, Calm Before the Storm, I Think?

(No POV)

Ifrit wonders how long has she been walking on the street of the abandoned city, a minute, an hour, she doesn't know and she is getting more and more tired.

Ifrit: Ugh, I'm starving.

Ifrit said as her hand rubs her grumbling stomach. Looking around, she found a place where she can rest, which is inside a abandoned restaurant, entering the restaurant, she saw that depsite being abandoned for so long, the chairs and tables are in a good condition, all she needs to do is wipe the dust off of the table and chair and she can use it.

Ifrit: But, where can I get a cloth to wipe the tables?

She said, at first, she doesn't have to bother cleaning the table and chair but she was well taught by her Papa back then, before the incident happened. humming before she decided to check in the back of the counter to look for something to help her clean the table, she opened the cabinets one at a time and checks thoroughly, finding some LMD's and useless stuffs before she found a clean cloth.

Ifrit: Hah, now I can wipe the dust off of the table and chair.

She grins before she went to work, cleaning the table and chair before she put her weapon and bag on the table and sat down with a satisfied sigh.

Ifrit: Ah, now I can relax my legs for a bit and...

She grins as she opens her bag and grabs a bag of chips and a can of cola.

Ifrit: And no one will berate me for eating some junk food.

As she now enjoys the chips, also aware that she was being watched, by someone.

Ifrit: I'm not like Papa who can detect enemies on a wide radius but he did taught me to detect them on a small radius.

???: Sharp kid, she knows.

The man chuckles, noticing the way the girl acts before he put a finger in his ear, noticing  that her guard is up and aware of someone watching her.

???: Echo to Heckler, do you copy over?

Heckler: Loud and clear, Echo.

Echo: Our guest is in the east side of the city, currently resting in a abandoned restaurant, near the old clock tower.

Heckler: Copy that, I'll send the location to the Boss.

Echo: Hey, Echo, tell me, why's the Boss interested with this girl?

Heckler: You might not believe me if I tell you.

Echo: Try me.

Heckler: You sure, cause trust me, I am still trying to believe what Boss told me.

Echo: Heckler, I've seen and heard everything, nothing's gonna surprise me.

Heckler: She's the Boss's daughter.

Echo blinks as the words registered in his mind before letting out a sigh as his hand rubs his eyes.

Echo: ....

Heckler: Told ya, don't worry, I had the same reaction as you, speechless.

Before Echo can answer, another voice interrupts their conversation, a female's voice.

???: Flare to Echo, over?

Echo: Echo here.

???: Be advised, we got an unknown chopper landing just outside of the city and currently dropping some people, all are armed.

Heckler: Can you tell us their number?

Flare: Counted ten, wait...

Echo: Something wrong, Flare?