The Battle of Metropolis

Damian sat down, to be able to compose himself. Dick went up to Damian.

"You don't mind me sitting next to you don't you?" Dick asked.

"No." Damian simply replied as he kept staring at the cold ground of the cave. Dick sat next to Damian as he thought to himself. After a while, Dick looked over to see that Damian's eyes began to form tears and he covered his face to be able to catch the tears that rained down from his face.

"Dami..." Dick held his brother, embracing him trying to comfort him. "Dami... what is it?"

"It-It..." Damian sobbed. "It's my fault..." He whimpered. "I-I should've listened to him..."

"Don't blame yourself Damian..." Dick comforted his brother. Damian hugged Dick back as his sobs became muffled. "We'll get him back..."

"If we didn't fight, he would still be here..." Damian sobbed.

"Stop doing that to yourself..." Dick told his younger brother. "We'll get him back..."

"Richard..." Damian looked at his older brother.

Dick comforted his brother and kept hugging him. "We'll get him back."

"Yes." Damian agreed before releasing the hug. "We'll get him back." He looked at his older brother again. "Thank you Richard." He genuinely smiled at Dick.

"You and me kiddo." Dick smiled back. "From the beginning... And all the way to the end..."

"Bruce." Clark's voice boomed from the computer. "Have you found him yet?"

"Still searching..." Bruce replied. "We'll find him Clark."

"Found Brainiac's ship." Tim announced.

"Where is it?" Bruce asked.

"Look at the news." Tim replied. Bruce quickly did as the headlines appeared of an unknown ship that resembles a skull has appeared above the skies of Metropolis.

"There he is." Bruce replied as he reached to call Clark, who is currently at the fortress of Solitude. "Clark." He pressed the communications button. "Do you see this?"

"Yes." Clark answered, it was obvious from his voice that he angry. Bruce watched the news report. Robot duplicates of Brainiac descended from his ship and started to attack the city of Metropolis.

"Why is he attacking the city?" Bruce asked. "He takes them, not destroy them."

"He might want revenge, from last time..." Clark answered. "Either way. We have to stop him."

"Agreed. I'm calling in the League." Bruce replied as he ended transmission with Clark and called the Watchtower. "Attention. Justice League, priority Red. Get to Metropolis. Now." He said as he ended transmission. Bruce quickly turned around, putting on his cowl and looked at his sons. "Suit up." He simply ordered and everyone got to work. Damian hurriedly put on his Robin uniform and took his gear with him. Jon... I'm coming... was the only thing he thought of as he got ready. The family gathered, prepared with their gear. "We're taking the Batwing." Bruce said as the ramp door slowly opened. Damian was the first to board eager to get to Metropolis as quickly as possible. He wanted Jon back, and he will stop at nothing until he does. Batman took control of the Batwing as it took off for Metropolis

10 Minutes Later, Outside of Metropolis

As the Batwing neared Metropolis, they could see the giant ship where Brainiac was. An army of droids descended from the ship and was attacking the city. Tim and Dick gulped, while Damian, Jason and Bruce were just glaring out of the batwing.