02 ❱ ━━━━ LAMP POST

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWO
❝ lamp post ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━

IT ALL STARTED on a Sunday night. Everyone was already home, preparing for the dreaded Monday to arrive so they could start their week again. On a quiet street was where an art studio and internet cafe was located at, with two extremely tired teens leaving the place to head home.

After adding the final last stroke onto her canvas,
Y/n was ready to head back home. She had her earphones plugged in as she walked on the empty street, playing departure from hunterxhunter.

Suna was walking a few meters behind her. And although Y/n noticed his presence, she didn't bother to walk faster like how she'd usually do whenever she notices that someone is behind her. The poor girl was far too tired after pulling two all nighters just so she could complete her painting.

" I think you dropped something. " Suna called out to the girl as his hands held a paintbrush that seemed to belong to her. The paintbrush was odd-looking, nothing like he'd seen before. There was something carved on the side of the head but he didn't want to read what was on it as he thought it was a...bother.

Y/n didn't notice Suna calling out for her, and neither did she notice that one of her brushes had escaped from her bag- until she felt him tap on her shoulder.

" AH-WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME? " The girl turned to face Suna, despite the fact that Y/n couldn't really see who the person in front of her was, she did notice that he was holding the brush that had fallen out of her bag.

Oh wait, was he trying to return it to me?

" Your brush fell out. I thought you'd want to have it back. " Suna said, handing the object back to Y/n, and the girl yanked it into her bag the moment she got hold of it. " Ah...thanks. I'm sorry about what I did to you earlier. " She flashed him an uneasy grin and immediately ran after that, but that was until she crashed herself into a lamp post and fell backwards. 

" Hey, uh, you good? " Suna asked, jogging up to the girl.

" My books! " Y/n got up, hastily reaching for her textbooks and checking if they were still in good condition. Neglecting the fact that her scratched elbows were dripping with blood.

" You're hurt, do you need a bandage? " Suna asked as he helped her stand back up on her feet. " Huh? Oh, it's...fine. Don't worry! " She reassured him while stuffing her books back into her bag.

Suna noticed the familiar logo of Tsurrutori high on her notebooks. But was he going to ask Y/n about it? No way. He wasn't going to start a conversation with a girl on the streets at night when he was looking forward to sleep at home, in his bed- or whatever he sleeps in.

Y/n shared the same thought as him, talking with a random stranger was not her cup of tea, she sucked at conversations anyways, " I really need to go now, I guess I'll- see you next time! " In less than a second, the girl dashed away- not realising that she was about to crash into the same exact lamp post again.

But of course, she wasn't going to get hurt. Because Suna had somehow managed to stop her from moving forward by pulling on her arm.

...What an airhead.

" Well, that was p-pretty close haha... " Y/n's eyes were staring straight at the lamp post. She could feel her face burning, turning into an embarrassing reddish hue. She was slightly flustered, not because she made a fool of herself to a random stranger; but because it was her first time having her hands held by a boy. " I think you can let go of my hand now...? "

" Ah shit, sorry about that. " The middle blocker let go of her hand, " You should probably get that injury patched up, be a little more careful next time "

" Yeah, thanks. "

Suna watched as Y/n once again, dashed back and turned a corner. A sigh escaped his lips knowing that the girl was nowhere to be seen.

She's...pretty cute for a klutz.

pretty cute for a klutz