Chapter 2

Catra's POV

Catra got dressed, for Scorpia was taking her out on a date. She wore a dark suit and brushed her messy hair, even though it still looked messy after brushing it. Catra straightened out the cuffs of her sleeves and put on some shoes before walking out of her room to see Scorpia in a black dress with slit down the side. "Looking good wildcat, ready to go?" Scorpia sweetly smiled and held out a pincer, minding her tail. Catra hesitantly took it, Not as good as Adora.. Catra's mind growled at her. She shook her head as if to shake the thoughts away and flicked an ear. Catra nodded at the taller woman and grinned a toothy grin, "Ready."

Adora's POV

Adora kept serving out drinks to the drunken customers. She worked a night shift at a club as the bartender, she'd be getting off soon once Mermista arrived to take her place. She let out a long groan once she got a moment of peace from the people there, most of them were on top of each other grinding and others just drinking their sorrows away. I have to do this, for my parents. Her mind told her as she began to clean the cups. She quietly to herself before another couple walked into the club. Arm in arm and their pace the same to each other's. "Oh you've got to be kid-" she was interrupted by a familiar sarcastic dripped voice and she turned to see Mermista. "Sup 'Dora." She drawled as she nudged Adora out of the way. "Get going before I change my mind." She nearly snapped and that got Adora going, she took off her apron and nearly bolted to the door before bumping into someone along the way. She looked up to see a tall handsome man, his hair had product in it and Adora could smell it. "Hey, what's a pretty thing like you doing out on the floor alone?" He cooed as his hands made their way to his hips.
The blonde tried to pull back a little but the stranger's hands had a firm grip on her hips. "I uh, have to get going." She said loud enough so he could hear her over the music and began to try and pull back again. The man wasn't having it and one of his hands travelled lower. Adora gasped as a hand gripped her bottom and she pushed herself out of his grasp. "What's wrong princess?" He grinned and approached her again but was stopped by a familiar catgirl. "Don't." She hissed, her tail lashing in annoyance. "Do not call her princess, and you should respect people's personal bubbles." She deadpanned to Adora, "Hurry up and get out of here." She mouthed and that was Adora's cue to leave. She hurriedly walked out the door and hurried to her car. She quickly pulled out of the parking lot and headed home.

Catra's POV

Catra was back at the bar area with hers and Scorpia's drinks. "I'm back," Catra placed down the drink in front of Scorpia and the tall woman placed a kiss to her cheek. Catra gripped the glass and her brows furrowed at what had happen with Adora and that dude. "Hey you okay?" Scorpia softly asked, Catra could see the concern on her face. "Y-yeah I'm okay. You wanna get out of here? I..need to talk to you." Catra lowered her head. This was going to be one painful night, for both of them. Scorpia nodded and they got up to leave. Heading to their car to go home.
"I'm breaking up with you, I just.." Catra murmured but Scorpia hushed her, "No it's okay I understand." She said, it was obvious she was straining to not let her voice crack. "Here I'll take you home." Scorpia quietly said and opened the car door for Catra, who got in politely. Catra could only feel the hurt Scorpia felt.
Catra got out of her car, the car ride to her house was silent. No one said anything and maybe it was best that way. "Scorpia I-" Catra began but her mouth wasn't moving. "I hope we can still be friends." She finally said after a few minutes, her blue and yellow eyes looking up to search for Scorpia's dark ones. She looked away sadly and Catra gave an awkward pat to her large pincer, "Drive safe okay?" Catra whispered before opening her front door and giving one last look behind her to still see Scorpia standing there. What a gentleman..gentlelady? "Goodnight." Catra offered a small smile and felt hope when Scorpia returned it and began to walk back to her car after Catra had closed the door. She looked down to see Melog rubbing against her leg, "This is the first step, right?" She asked. Maybe not only to Melog but to herself. Maybe she needed reassurance.

Adora's POV

Adora flopped onto her bed and groaned. Why was that rude dark haired, mismatched eyed catgirl still on her mind. Adora rolled over and put her hands on her chest as she stared blankly up at the ceiling. "Why do I feel like this?" She wondered out loud and her phone beeped. Adora rubbed her tired eyes before opening her phone and looking at the message. It was an unknown message that read:

Xxx-xxx-xxxxx: Hey, I persuaded Sparkles to give me your number. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for the way I acted at the gym. I want to maybe catch up?

Adora stared at the message before realizing it was Catra. She felt maybe it was too soon so she decided to ignore it. She set her phone back down and rubbed her face, Maybe I really do need that vacation Perfuma talked about... Adora thought before she heard a knock on her door. With a grunt she pushed herself off of the bed and made her way to the door. She opened it to see a drenched Catra, "What are you doing here?" She asked as she pulled the catgirl inside.
Adora pinched the bridge of her nose and sharply inhaled. She turned to the dark haired girl seated on her couch with a blanket wrapped around her. "I wanted to talk to you.." she said shakily and a shiver took over her body and she looked away shyly.