Chapter 19

Adora's POV

She watched as her bags got carried away on the conveyor belt. Adora took a breath, it was getting close to the time for when she had to board the plane. She sat and waited for the announcement, jumping at every other announcement. Adora was nervous, she fiddled with her fingers nervously as she sat and waited. Her phone rang and she fumbled to pick it up, "Mom?" She greeted

Hey baby! You're leaving today, right? I wish you luck. You father has been slowly but surely recovering and we couldn't make it to see you off. I'm so sorry, how are you holding up?

Adora relaxed a bit at the sound of her mother's voice, "I'm really nervous, what if I get on the wrong plane?" She babbled and heard her adoptive mother laugh joyfully.

Nonsense child, you're smart. I have to go now honey, good luck!

She heard her mother hang up and Adora grew nervous rather quickly after. It would probably be 2 hours before she could board the plane and leave. Though that was what she had heard from other people when they talked about plane trips. Adora's thoughts trailed back to Catra, they both knew they wouldn't have the time to actually talk and work it out. Adora's gaze fell into her lap sadly as she remembered all the time they spent together. Adora had a gnawing jealousy as she thought about what Catra would do when she was at college. Would she find someone else to chase after? Adora's face twisted into a scowl and pushed the thought away. Surely not, Catra doesn't like people often. Does she?
Adora waited and waited with nervousness eating at her from the pit of her stomach. Soon. Was the only thought in her head. She would board the plane and probably not be seen again for 4 years, excluding the holidays. Glimmer and Bow would take care of her house, Entrapta would go off to college soon herself, Frosta would be in highschool she thought. Probably as a senior. Perfuma and Scorpia would have probably gotten together at this point, Mermista would get a raise probably since Sea Hawk is he's over heels for her. Adora chuckled at the thoughts of her friends, her phone had been buzzing for the past hour from all her friends telling her how much they'll miss her, though Adora didn't bother to look at it since it'll only make her slightly sad.

Catra's POV

Catra was out of breath once she reached Glimmer and everyone else. "We don't know where she is exactly but it has to be here somewhere, I'll text you when she's leaving. Go ahead and start looking around." Glimmer said and shoved Catra forward, the catgirl groaned. She got here just to run around again, she began to quickly walk around, looking for the blonde she so dearly cared about. Catra nearly bumped into several people, she wasn't paying attention, her attention was only on finding Adora. Catra looked down at the things she had gotten and realized she dropped the note card. A pang of sadness struck her and she shook her head, she'll just tell her herself. Catra kept looking but felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Her heart stopped as she read the message.

Sparkles: They're leaving! Hurry up and find the huge crowd moving outside!

Catra's head shot up and darted around, she looked to see a large mass of people shuffling to go somewhere. Catra raced to get to Adora first, once she reached the crowd she began to call out desperately. "Adora!" Catra cried out as she was pushed and shoved. "Adora please!" She cried out again, she felt a warm hand wrap around her wrist and was pulled aside and into someone's embrace. "W-what the hell?! Let go of me!" Catra hissed as she tried to push away, "Catra! Catra ow its me! Adora!" Adora hissed as she kept the catgirl firmly in her embrace. Catra looked up with her big colorful eyes, "Adora?" She whispered as her eyes began to fill with tears. The blonde chuckled and looked down at her, "It's okay, I'm here now. We don't have much time though and I wish I could stay but we both know I can't. I have about 10-15 minutes." She whispered as she felt the dark brunette hug her tightly, crying into her shirt. "I'm s-..s-so sorry A-Adora." Catra sobbed as the blonde rubbed her back soothingly, "Shh, I know I know. I forgive you. I'm not mad at you." Adora whispered and made Catra look at her, the blonde pressed her lips to the shorter woman's and hummed in relief. "I missed that." She grinned to which Catra sniffed and kissed her again. "Me too," she purred, her tail wrapping around Adora's thigh affectionately.
They didn't have much time before Adora had to leave. "I'm really going to miss you." Catra murmured against Adora's chest as they held each other. "I'll miss you too." Adora replied as she ran her fingers through the catgirl's hair, making her purr loudly and nuzzle her. "You're not going to find someone better than me, are you?" Catra teased and Adora smiled and shook her head. "Of course not, these eyes are fixated on only one person." She murmured and pressed a kiss against Catra's lips. The catgirl stood on her tippy-toes to return the kiss. "I have to go now, see me off?" She asked to which Catra nodded, running up to give her one last kiss and hug along with the flowers and chocolates. "We'll call every night, I promise." Adora promised and walked off. Once she was gone Catra yelled out in happiness as she rushed back to meet with Glimmer and Adora's friends. "C'mon, lets go see her off." Sea Hawk cheered as they went to go see her off outside.

Adora's POV

Adora watched as the plane began to roll down the runway, she saw everyone cheering and screaming their farewells to her. She noticed one particular person running alongside with the plane. Adora smiled and waved bye to the catgirl. "I'm going to miss those idiots. Especially that one." Adora muttered as the plane finally took off.