Chapter 15

Catra's POV

     Catra stood up, Melog standing with her. "She comes back tomorrow and then has a day before the plane." She said and began to cook herself food. "I can't wait to see her again Melog, I know I have to apologize and stuff before but when I see her I just want to throw my arms around her and not let go." Catra purred to herself as she turned the heat on low, her tail swished slowly behind her as she cooked. I can't wait to see her pretty smile again. She thought warmly.
     She pet Melog's fur softly as she watched tv. Catra was so tempted to text Adora and tell her that she was sorry and beg her to take her back. Melog sensed her slight sadness and began purring, "You think she's doing okay? I know I was pretty harsh in the argument." Catra wondered as an ear flicked thoughtfully.

Adora's POV

     Adora looked down at her adoptive father and winced at the state he was in. He was asleep now, Adora didn't want to stay until he woke up, so she'd say what she needed to and leave. "I got into college," she began hope that's enough for you. Her mind snapped, "I'll be gone after tomorrow." Adora knew she was speaking in parts, she couldn't just bring herself to give her sleeping adoptive father a speech. "I'm sorry you're in this state, I hope you get better. I have to go now, goodbye." Adora flinched, knowing she ended her one sided conversation early, she hurried out, hugging herself. Tears streamed down her face as she pushed past her mother and anyone else who stood in her way. She ended up bumping into things on the way out, it may leave bruises but she didn't care. She just wanted to curl up away from the world. I wonder if Catra's doing alright. Maybe she's already moved on. Adora thought, her mind fueling her sadness.
     Adora opened the door to her house. She had already told Glimmer she came home early, the shorter woman understanding of the situation.

GlimGlim: Catra came over yesterday, she was looking for you. That's all I can say, I'm sorry Adora

The blonde just sighed and tossed her phone onto the couch before tucking her knees as she laid down. She closed her eyes and let exhaustion catch up to her, pulling her into sleep.

Catra's POV

Catra lay in her bed, staring at the wall. Every time she heard footsteps or a door open she looked up to see if Adora was back, but Adora never did appear so after awhile Catra stopped expecting her to return. Her ear flicked and she watched as someone stepped into her vision, "It's your turn today to sweep Catra." A familiar voice she hated sounded, Catra sat up and stared at her lap. "You know, she probably got bored of you. Plus you'll never get adopted, Adora was so perfect wasn't she? Unlike you she actually had her priorities straight, you thought you would be with her forever." Shadow Weaver chuckled before pushing Catra out of the way to leave. "Pathetic." She said lastly before closing the door and calling, "Hurry up and sweep." Catra's fists clenched in anger, her fur bristled and she began to cry.

Catra's eyes fluttered open to see Melog laying by her feet, she had a splitting headache. Catra groaned to herself and tried to sit up but failed. Her body hurt everywhere but she couldn't remember why.

"Stupid—"
"Punk!" A fist collided with her face and she fell to the ground before a series of shocking pains filled her body everywhere.

It then occurred to Catra that she had gone to the club and got blackout drunk and fought some dude and his group of friends. Her brow twitched in pain as she lifted her shirt, arching her back some. She saw the dark and deep bruises that covered her abdomen. Reaching she brushed her hand across when and almost yelled out in pain, "Ff- fucking hell!" She gritted her teeth and yanked her hand away. How am I supposed to see Adora when I'm like this? She wondered as she grabbed her phone to look at it. No new messages.
The dark brunette had managed to crawl to the bathroom and into the living room, though it took awhile. The pain made her want to sob, all her life she had been beat down. Whether it was physically or mentally, even though it seemed to everyone she toughed it out, it didn't mean it didn't hurt any less.

"Shadow Weaver I-" she was interrupted by a slap, "No! This is why no one will ever want you! You-you.." she yelled before shoving the child away from her. Catra fell to the floor and pushed down the tears, managing to spit out a "I was only trying to help!"

She blinked away any tears that threatened to spill. Oh how she missed Adora.

Adora's POV

Adora woke up and yawned loudly, she looked towards her feet but didn't see a familiar body there. I miss her so much. Adora thought and rubbed her head, I wonder why she was looking for me. It's usually me who looks for her her mind tried to muse but it was no use. She felt like utter crap and couldn't feel any better about it. Adora turned on some music and let it play loudly, the music filling her house.

Sorry I didn't answer, it's okay. I'll be leaving tomorrow haha. For years.

Adora sent the text and laid back. She received a text and the blonde almost dropped her phone, she hoped it was Catra but..it wasn't.

GlimGlim: Yeah, I'll arrange a plan for everyone to see you off!

You wouldn't dare.

GlimGlim: you bet your dumb blonde ass I will

She snorted a laugh and didn't reply. Not to be mean but, she didn't know how to reply. Tomorrow is the big day.