Chapter 13

Catra's POV

     Catra sat, she looked like total shit. Alcohol bottles everywhere and ice cream tubs too. Melog meowed at her, she just flicked an ear dismissively. "I'll clean up later Melog." She emptily said as she got up to grab another drink but Melog let out a noise and pushed the feline girl back down. "She left. She chose a stupid college over me." Catra grumbled as she laid down after pushing all the trash off. Melog let out a sad noise and curled up beside the couch, Catra let a hand fall down for Melog to nuzzle into. "I'm sorry, bud." She whispered as she stared out her window.
     Scorpia opened the door to see a shit looking Catra and she gasped, "Oh my goodness! What's the matter?! Hurry up and come inside. I have cookies in the oven right now." She said as she pulled the dark brunette inside, "Perfuma! Catra's over and needs attention ASAP!" Scorpia called into the kitchen and received an 'okay' response. Catra was seated on the couch in the slightly crowded house and just stared off into space with a blank space before snapping out of it to lean onto Scorpia's sharp shoulder. "Adora chose a college over me." She muttered as Perfuma offered her a cookie, Catra nibbled on it sadly. "Well wildcat, she wants to get an education, pursue a career and to do that she has to go to college. Shouldn't you be at least a little bit happy for her?" Scorpia asked as she looked down at the exhausted brunette. Catra shrugged, "Yeah but she didn't even tell me.." she whimpered and felt a pincer on her back reassuringly, "Well maybe she didn't get the chance, Catra you should apologize." Perfuma suggested, Catra scowled at her before Scorpia agreed. "Okay, I'll think about it." Catra sighed and bit into another cookie.

Adora's POV

     Adora spent a lot of her time packing at home. She packed things she would need at college, Glimmer and Bow already agreed to watch over the house while she was gone. Adora made sure to keep it in her mind to repay them for it, but now she just had to keep her mind away from Catra. I should try to talk to her about it. Adora did the one thing she just said she shouldn't do, the blonde mentally kicked herself and tried to focus on packing. Yet the thought still lingered in the back of her mind, ready to attack her with the burden of everything when the time was right. I should probably talk to my manager.. she hummed before taping the last box and getting up. Yep I'll go now just to get it over with. Hopefully he's merciful. Adora snorted with laughter, she knew her manager well and he was anything but not merciful. He was always so kind to her, it would honestly shock Adora if she got fired or 'released'.
     Adora thought about what to text, should it be professional? He was her manager after all. Then again she did consider him a friend.

I need a personal leave.

She decided to go with that and waited for a reply, which she got one quickly.

Manager SeaHawk: Okay, what's the occasion? Vacation? Marriage? Visiting family?

Nah, I just got accepted into college, that's all. I'll be gone for a pretty long while so if you want me gone then that's cool too.

Manager SeaHawk: Nononono of course not! I enjoy having you there! Honest!

Alright, I'll keep you posted. I'll be leaving in less than a week.

Adora didn't get a respond after that. She decided to call up her parents, more specifically, her mom.
The phone rang for about 6 seconds before someone picked up.

Hello?

Adora smiled sadly at the voice, "Hey mom, I got accepted to the college, how's dad?"

He's still hospitalized, but he's thriving. Also congratulations honey, I'm so proud of you!

Her smile weakened at those words, "You think dad would be proud of me? I mean he was always wanting me to do better." So were you mom. Her mind thought bitterly.

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear you're going to college. Is it the one we talked about?

Adora huffed silently, "Yep that's the one." She simply said before saying, "I have to go pack some more okay? I love you, and I hope dad gets better!"

Oh okay swee-

Adora hung up before she could say anything else. The blonde placed her phone down and she draped an arm over her eyes, letting out a sigh.

Catra's POV

     Catra picked up all the trash that littered her house. Melog was very happy by this action. After she was done she sat on the couch with her head in her hands, staring off into space. Catra sighed before sitting back and trying to relax.

"You should apologize to her."

Her thoughts ran at 100 miles per hour as her eyes darted around the room. Should I? Was the question lingering in the back of her head like a ringing that wouldn't stop. Why should she apologize for Adora leaving her, again?! Catra growled to herself, making Melog's ears perk up from the sudden noise. The dark brunette picked up her phone, and began to type.

I'm sorry for how I act-

She quickly deleted it. She would not let Adora her the satisfaction of her saying 'I'm sorry'

I know that we were both tense and, I hope college treats you well-

Catra yelled in frustration before deleting the text and tossing her phone somewhere. Why was this so hard? Why was it so hard to tell the goody two-shoes off and just cut her off completely?! The catgirl grabbed at her hair in frustration only to calm down a little when Melog rubbed against her knee. "I know bud, I know. I'm trying but..it's just so hard. I miss her touch so much and I miss being around her.." she whispered.
"So very much." Catra murmured.
I have to apologize.