Chapter 3: Announcement

Aoi's POV

"Alright- Kanao, I hope you can get the message clearly, okay?"

Kanao nodded her head, holding her tiny stack of fliers in her hands and walked off towards the west wing of the school. I, on the other hand, went towards the east wing. Everyone should still be in homeroom, so that would leave Kanao and I alone to announce the festival in two weeks. My heart nearly exploded when we were suddenly allowed to do it.

I reached the first classroom in the east wing- Class 100.

Knocking on the door, I walked into that classroom- and there he was. The immature boy was messing around with some other boys in that area of the room. Once I walked in, the boys' reaction turned silent and turned their attention towards me.

"Ah, Aoi, you're here." Mrs. Aki says gently as she greeted me with open arms. "Earlier than I had expected."

I smiled softly, walking closer to the front of the classroom. "You know me, Mrs. Aki. I like to be on time." Standing in front of the classroom, staring to all the kids- who stared back at me with this blank stare. "My name is Aoi Kanzaki- and I'm part of the student council representing the freshmen here. I'm here to announce that there is going to be a festival here in two weeks. The festival will be about a week long and-"

"Does that mean we don't have school?!" A boy shouted out, but I couldn't track who said it. The class began to roar with laughter after that comment.

"Fortunately," the class cheered a foot short of my words, "you all have to participate in the festival."

Words of "unfair" or "uncool"- maybe a few "trickster" were sprinkled in. 

"Each grade level will have a theme based off an overall theme. Since this is a festival in the spring, we would be doing a spring-like theme. For the freshmen, their theme is animals. Each class can brainstorm what to do for each theme. For example, my class is doing a butterfly theme."

A boy rose his hand, looking towards me with an ungleeful smile. "Does this mean there's a dance?"

I chuckled a bit, taking a liking to that idea. "Thanks for the suggestion- a dance should be wonderful."

Some of the classmates gave these glares towards the poor boy. If only looks could kill...

"If you have any questions- my email is on the posters around the school. Majority of the flyers on this floor would be based off of the freshmen class. So that would have my email. Unless it's actual questions about the festival- and not about cancelling everything- I shall respond. Thank you so much for me taking up your time."

I walked out towards the door, and I could hear someone shouting: "Will you go out with me for the dance?"

My response- I couldn't stop laughing about it. "Like I would want to go with anyone to the dance. After all- I thought you were the one who despises dances." Then I walked out of that classroom with a grin on my face.

But deep in my heart... there was this... this feeling I couldn't understand.

Would... would Inosuke would go out to the dance? And... would he take a date?