Chapter 8: Asking

Inosuke's POV

"Will the lovely butterfly girl go out with me?" I say to myself as I walked towards school. "Will you go to the dance with me?" I shook my head, "No... not right..."

I take a deep breath, having a little meltdown in my head. I've never been with girls- let alone know how to date with one of them. How am I supposed to dance? Will they all laugh at me if I can't dance? Would I appear as weak or something if I cannot dance? Gah- maybe Gocchipo knows how to dance... maybe that's why all the girls seem to like him.

"Why is it so hard?!" I let out a loose cry into the air- startling a few birds from their nap.

My heart was pounding non-stop as I continued to think about it. What did I have that made someone fall for me...? What is love...? What does it mean? Like a mother and son's love? Or was it completely different? 

Taking a few steps forward, it was the only thing that plagued my mind. I needed... I needed a clear place. I take a deep breath, walking forward. Tsk... how could this be so hard... I just couldn't understand it. Everything wasn't... what I had expected things to be. Why and how people could do these things.

My route to school remained the same as I attempted to brainstorm everything else. Maybe... how... what can I truly do to ask her out to that dance... maybe... just... maybe... maybe I can ask her out some way...? What do girls like... what... what do they like...?

*   *   *

Aoi's POV

A heavy flare reached up in my feet as I continued onward into my classroom. My feet had begun to hurt. I don't know why- probably because of these new shoes I recently bought. Man... it kills me so much. It must've showed up on my face because people have been avoiding me like the plague.

To rest my weary feet, I leaned against a wall, taking a few deep breaths as my feet throbbed.  I could feel them as miniature heartbeats. 

"A-Aoi..."

I turned to see Inosuke holding something behind his back. The halls were a bit empty, so hardly anyone could see what was going on. I didn't know what was going on- it was just... surprising. It caught me off guard. 

"I-Inosuke...?"

His face had seemed to turn a bit red as he leaned closer. "I-I don't know... what to do..."

"For what?" My head tilted a bit as my body fully was turned towards him. "Inosuke? What's going on right now?" 

Imagine the confusion on my face. I didn't know what was going on at all... I was... lost... confused. I didn't know what was going on at this very moment. I... what was going on inside of Inosuke's mind? That... I wished I had knew.

Inosuke revealed a few bellflowers in his hand. I gently take it from him as he looked away- unable to look at me in the eyes. He had whispered a few things... but I heard those words loudly and clearly. When I heard those words, my heart grew wide and large. Its pounding was loud and echoing in my ears.

"A-Aoi... I-I want... I want to... take you... to the dance... and I... I want you to come with me..."

I smiled gently, nodding my head and taking the flowers closer to my heart. "I'll come with you to the dance, Inosuke..."