Chapter 6: A Beating Heart

Inosuke's POV

Again... another letter in my locker. The handwriting was the same. Instead... it was signed off with a few initials.

My heart never such a trouble...
I don't understand why it flutters like this.

My love started small- like a little butterfly egg.
The more I see you, the more my love grows.

It has not yet matured yet into a butterfly,
For it needs time to build its cocoon for it's metamorphosis into a butterfly.

Is it possible if we can meet? 
Possible for us to grow together?

Possible for us to know each other?

I'm not known to be a person who shows their heart publicly...

My love isn't a butterfly.

When people see it, it's not beautiful at all.
At most,

My love is just an Owl Butterfly.

It scares everyone off. 

No one understands it...

What it feels to be me...

Why?

Because...
I don't know what love is...

But what I know...

My heart will always flutter around you.
Inosuke... 

You are my flower, beautiful in every way,
And I shall be your butterfly.
I shall flutter around you...

A.K.

A.K... 

Aoi Kanzaki...? 

*   *   *

Aoi's POV

"Aoi... Kanzaki..."

I heard that familiar deep voice behind me. How it froze me in my place. I couldn't... I couldn't move a muscle. I stayed there... unable to look at him in his eyes. My heart continued to pound against my chest- powering over my ears. All I could hear is...

"Were you the one writing letters and putting them into my locker?"

Gathering enough courage, I was able to turn around and face him. His emerald green eyes were sparkling as he stared neutrally at me. In his hands were the letters I sent- nothing was wrong with the letters. No creases or crumpled parts. He... he took care of those letters.

"Aoi, you were the one, right?"

Admitting, I nodded my head. "Yes... I am..." My cheeks would continue to warm up with embarrassment as I stayed in front of him. "M-My letters..."

"You like butterflies... huh...?"

I nodded my head. "They are beautiful creatures..."

"I can tell... you wrote a lot..."

We lingered in silence a bit- standing in the middle of the halls like idiots. I was about to turn around and walk back to my homeroom when Inosuke had said something that caught me dead in my tracks.

"Aoi... the dance..." He says in a hushed tone. He looked away with anger, running off.

Here I was... wanting to hear that he rejected my little proposal. I was expecting that rejection. Hearing him accept it was a small percentage. But Inosuke... the path he chose... was something I didn't expect he would do. He just... ran off for no reason...

Was it right...?