Chapter 9: Dress Hunting

Aoi's POV

"R-Rise?! This can't be right! Kanao, help me! Please!" I cried out for aid when Rise had me zipped up in this... dress... I'm not the kind of girl to love dresses. Yes, I'll wear formal clothing... but... but dresses?! This isn't me. "Rise!"

They all gave a smirk as Rise had sparkles in her eyes. "What?! I think it looks completely cute on you. We should make the purchase- it seems like a perfect fit! The only complaints I hear is you not liking the dress because you don't like wearing them? Come on- twirl a little bit, Aoi. Oh! I love it so much!"

I lifted my arms, seeing the dark blue laces slowly rise with my arms. It was... almost... angelic. I could feel the air swooping under my arms. The blue dress was tight around my body- but it was meant for that purpose. Not to be too loose or too baggy. There was a black sash wrapped around my waist- but that was it. 

"I-I don't know..." I say with my cheeks burning bright. "I-I honestly don't know."

"Well, Aoi," Rise said with a cheerful smile on her face, "I think it works for the dance. Especially since our class is doing the butterfly theme. Really interesting choice- you have a thing for butterflies or something like that?"

My shoulders shrugged a bit as I thought about it. "I guess... the Kocho family really had an influence on me. Remember, their youngest used to tutor me. She loved butterflies- she was the one that gave me the butterfly clips."

Rise nodded her head.

"Same with Kanao."

"Kanao?" Rise turned to her, seeing her look at a few dresses. Blankly to say the least. "Huh... I wonder if I can have one of those pins... oh well- we should get that dress, Aoi. Lemme help with Kanao with her dress."

I sighed as Rise went off to Kanao as I was left alone with the dress. Inosuke actually asked me out... but... did I force him or something...? I don't know. This worried me a lot... I didn't ask for much- I wanted to know how he felt towards me. I felt like I've influenced this a lot...

Peering into the mirror, I saw myself with the dress on once more. How different I looked with it on. How... mature I looked. This was just the freshmen year. How else would I mature within the year?