43

the house was silent.

both boys were peacefully sleeping. calum, in his own little bed, while ashton slept in their queen size bed alone. everything was fine. ashton fed calum his bottle, rocked him a bit, and then tucked him in when he fell asleep.

it was silent.

it was about four in the morning when calum woke up. the little was cold, even under all his blankets. but, that wasn't what calum was worried about. there was a creaking noise...right outside his door.

calum felt his heart lurch up in his throat.

it was very quiet, but calum still heard it. the little felt like he couldnt even scream as warm tears started to quickly roll down his cheeks. the house was then so quiet, so eerily quiet...calum didnt know what to do with himself.

"daddy," calum whimpers, feeling the words stick in his throat. his mouth and throat were both dry, and he was doing his best to cry out for ashton. he sucks in another breath, and as he's about to scream for ashton when there's another creak outside his door.

calum felt like he was going to be sick.

more anxiety and fear shot up his spine, and spread across his body like a wildfire.

"DADDY!" calum screams. the poor boy is trying his hardest to not choke on his gasps for air between cries, he doesn't even notice the wet spot growing between his legs, and soaking down into his sheets.

suddenly, there's footsteps approaching his room quickly. the door is being pushed open so hard, it bounces off the wall.

"calum, sweetie," ashton says as soon as he runs into the room. calums still choking on his sobs, but he manages to make grabby hands at ashton, who sits down on the bed and brings calum into a tight embrace quickly.

ashton feels the wet spot on calums bum as soon as calums situated on his lap, but he doesn't dare say anything until he's got the little calmed down. calums got his head buried in ashtons neck, and his hands are tightly gripping at ashtons bare biceps.

"shh, sweetheart," ashton says softly, bouncing the little on his lap. ashton holds calums body against his own, and places comforting kisses over his sweaty forehead from time to time.

"daddys here, okay sweetheart? just breathe for me," ashton coos, placing another kiss to calums head. after another couple minutes, calums choked sobs die down to sniffles and hiccups. his grip on ashtons biceps stayed just as strong, though. he wasnt about to let go of his daddy.

"hey, let daddy see your face, sweetheart," ashton speaks sweetly, running a comforting hand through calums hair. after a couple seconds, calum slowly pulls his head back, away from ashtons neck, and looks up at ashton. ashtons skin is glistening with calums tears that are covering his neck, and dripping down his back and chest.

"da-dada," calum hiccups, his bottom lip starting to quiver again. ashton knew he was gonna start crying again, so he wanted to stop that quickly.

"no, sweetheart, no tears," ashton says, using his thumb to wipe softly over calums puffy cheeks, "daddys here, yeah? remember, you're safe with daddy."

calum nods, and lays his head back down on ashtons shoulder.

"why dont you tell me why you were crying," ashton says softly, brushing some more of calums hair back.

"m-mon'ers," calum whimpers, "ou'ide da 'oor."

ashton sighs, "i assure you, sweetheart, that there were no monsters outside your door."

calum just whines. he was too tired from all that crying, and all he wanted to do was cuddle up with his daddy and go back to sleep.

"sweetheart, you had an accident...you wanna take a tubbie or do you just want me to change you into one of daddys shirts?"

"dada 'irt," calum mumbles. ashton nods, and gently stands up while holding calum. once he's standing, the little wraps his legs around ashtons waist, and let's ashton carry him.

ashton lays calum down on his changing table, strips him naked, wipes him down extra good, and then puts a pull up on him. ashton also takes his soiled boxers off, and tosses them into calums hamper basket.

calum, for once, doesn't say anything about ashtons size as ashton picks him up and carries him to the bedroom. it makes ashton worry, but then he thinks calum might be too tired to say anything. ashton gets one of his shirts on calum, and then he dresses himself in an old tee shirt and boxers.

"dada," calum whispers, making grabby hands at ashton once ashton turns to the bed.

"im coming, sweetheart," ashton says softly. he lifts the blankets up, and lays down next to calum, who instantly curls up into ashtons side.

"alright, time to go back to sleep, sweetheart," ashton says, letting calum use his bicep as a pillow. the little nods, and leans forward so his lips brush over ashtons neck.

ashton shamefully thought that calum was going to give him some neck kisses...but then calum starts to chew on the collar of his cotton, black tee shirt.

"do you want to suck on daddys fingers?" ashton asks softly. calum doesn't answer.

"why do you keep chewing on my shirt, bub?" ashton asks softly. the little just whines, and continues to chew softly on the cotton material. ashton sighs, and decides to let him. the little had had a long night, and ashton knew he was going to fall back asleep soon anyway.

___________________________

scared cal ):
comments? predictions?
unedited
love u!