𝟎𝟑| 𝐨𝐡 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

' * ♪ • '

' * ♪ • '

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, " 𝐲/𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫.

"y-your welcome, you should head inside now, " kageyama stuttered with his flushed cheeks.

"okay, goodn-" y/n got cut off by the front door opening, revealing y/n's mother. she was wearing a cute bear apron and smiling at the two.

"oh sweetheart, i didn't know you had a boyfriend! why don't you come in and have dinner, " she gushed with a cheeky smile. not only y/n's cheeks, but her whole face turned red. though the ears had been hidden among the messy curls of her hair, it was obvious that they were as rosy as her face.

"mom! he's not my boyfriend, tobio probably has to get home now, " y/n whined and frantically looking everywhere but at kageyama, who's face was ashy red.

"i-i don't m-mind, " kageyama stammered, suddenly finding his shoes to most interesting thing in the world. y/n bit her lip, mentally cursing her mom for inviting him in. well she didn't mind spending more time with him, she wanted to get to know him better.

"that's wonderful, come on in! " y/n's mother bubbled, waving for them to come in.

"sorry...she can get over excited sometimes, " y/n nervously smiled, her hands scratching the back of her head.

"haha, im sure she's just being nice, " a smile crept onto his face. he was nervous yet excited to meet y/n's family.

the two cuties entered the cozy home, making themselves comfortable.

"would you like a drink tobio? i can call you that right darling? " y/n's mother smiled at her potential future son-in-law. her mother was a beautiful woman in her 40s, too bad y/n's father left them when she was still a child.

"y-yes mrs y/n, and can i have milk please? " kageyama answered. he looked around the house and saw pictures of a little boy posing with a little baby, who he assumed was y/n.

"you like milk a lot huh, " y/n giggled, finding it cute that someone shared the same interest as her. (food is lifee!)

kageyama face turned crimson, he gave her a little nod, sipping his glass of milk.

cute! y/n thought to herself. wait what? nonono, not cute uhh- "dinner's ready! " y/n's snapped out of her daze, hearing her mother call for dinner.

mother had cooked rice with tonkatsu. "itadakimasu!" just as they were about to eat, the front door opened.

"im home!! where's my little sister? " someone hollered from the entrance, scaring the shit out of kageyama. (poor baby :( )

he stopped and looked at the dining table, shooting daggers at kageyama.

"kai! what are you doing back home, i thought you got held back at college? " y/n jumped out of her seat and hugged her big brother, eyes twinkling in euphoria.

"i thought i would surprise you and told mom not to tell you, i didn't know you had a guest, " kai hugged his sister, staring intensely at kageyama.

kageyama gulped, feeling unwelcomed all of a sudden. "my dear y/n, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, you don't want your big brother anymore, " kai sniffed shedding a fake tear.

y/n rolled her eyes "shut up, he's not my boyfriend, yet... " the last part of the sentence was inaudible. her face was tinted pink.

kai joined the fam at the dining table suddenly bombarding kageyama with strange questions.

what's your name? do you like my sister? what's your motive of getting so close to my y/n? i see you're in volleyball club huh..

y/n suddenly slammed the table, making everyone flinch. "stop asking so many questions kai, chill out, he's just a friend!" y/n yelled at her brother, raging at the fact her poor friend was being tortured by her overprotective brother.

she dragged kageyama by the hand leading him out of the house. "im sorry, kai has always been like that since my father left.. " y/n muttered, a pang of guilt hit her, making her regret shouting at her brother. he's was just looking out for her, that's all.

kageyama put his hand on her head, patting her gently. "it's okay, i understand how he feels, he's just wants the best for his little sister, " he spoke out. it was rare for the setter to do that since he was not very good at expressing his emotions.

"thanks tobio kun, i really appreciate it, " y/n pulled him into a hug, her face heating up. kageyama was shocked and eventually hugged back, his face was crimson red, trying to calm down.

on the other hand, y/n was mentally cursing herself for acting so rashly and hugging a boy whom she just met. the hug felt like hours had gone by, the two cherished every moment of the hug.

"i t-think i should get g-going now, thanks for dinner, " the setter managed to finally speak, pulling away from the long hug.

"y-yeah, see you tomorrow, " y/n stammered, feeling embarrassed. what a long night... she thought to herself.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

♡ • BONUS! • ♡

"hey y/n, im sorry for scaring your friend, i just wanted to make sure he was good for you.. " kai immediately apologized as y/n walked through the door.

"no im sorry kai, i shouldn't have raised my voice, " y/n apologized too, blaming herself for being stupid.

"so are we good? " kai asked gingerly. y/n hummed in response and hugged her brother.

"but you two look quite good together, me and mom took so pics~" kai snickered, waving his phone around.

it was a photo of y/n and kageyama hugging. "gasp! you little.. get back here! " kai ran upstairs, y/n chasing behind.

"ahh~ they will be such an adorable couple~" y/n's mother gushed at the photo, praising her own daughter for finding such a handsome young man.

[ 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟒 ]