Weird Place

Dean stopped his Impala in front of an old house. I was sitting in the back seat, Sam was shotgun and Dean was driving. I was staring up at the old house; it was like I knew it from somewhere. I just didn't know where. I heard a tapping from my closed window. It had come from Dean, who now had a smug smile on his face.

I shook my head at him and pushed the door open. "What's on your mind, short stuff?" Dean asked me.

I scowled at him because he called me short stuff again. "Nothing. It's just that I know this house from somewhere." I told him as I shut the Impala door.

"Where? From your-your freaky Twilight movies?" Dean asked me.

"No," I glared up at him. "I-I don't know ok?" I pushed past him and noticed that Sam was already at the front door. I ran up to Sam, who was trying to pick the lock. "Oh, you two are pathetic." I said to Sam. "Back up." I sighed. Sam backed away from the old wooden door and I kicked it in. He looked at me, bewildered as the dust kicked up off the ground.

"Close your mouth, Sammy, you could catch flies." I said as I walked past him and into the very creepy place. The place smelled old and musty. The smell wasn't very appeasing to my nose and it made me want to upchuck.

"So, you know this place?" Dean asked from behind me, making me jump up from where I was standing. I heard him laugh very lightly.

I turned around to face him. "Yea, but I can't put my finger on it. Drop it, OK?" I asked him and turned back around.

"Hey," He said, grabbing my right forearm. "Take this." He handed me a knife that was almost long enough to be called a sword. "It is the only thing that can kill a vampire. You have to take its head off for it to die. You can’t just stab it into its heart. You must decapitate it." He whispered in my ear.

"OK." I said and walked towards the stairs. It was all broken down and there was nothing left of it. The stairs now lay in a heaping pile of wood. I shined a flashlight at it because it was getting dark outside.  You could tell parts of it were stairs because they just fell straight down.

I was fiddling with my black pencil skirt when I felt someone breathing down my neck, literally. I tensed up and gripped my knife as hard as I could and turned around to come face to face with a vampire. It gave me a big toothy grin. I was almost distracted when their fangs came out. I swung my knife/sword at their head and it came clean off.

I was about to scream when Dean came over to me with wide eyes. I felt tears come to my eyes as I dropped the flashlight and the knife and ran over to him. I was engulfed in a huge hug. I was starting to cry into his shirt when I heard Sam call us.

Dean pulled away from me and I nodded. Knowing that we needed to go find Sam. I ran over to my dropped knife and flashlight and picked them up. I raced after Dean to find Sam at a newly put in door.

“Hey, Alexa, are you ok?” Sam asked me.

“Yea.” I said and looked away from him and Dean. “Yea, I am just fine.” I looked back up at Sam and exhaled loudly. “Are we going in or not?” I asked them.

“Yea.” Sam said giving me a cautious look. He turned around to the door.

“Let me open it.” I said. Sam turned around again and gave me a weird look. “Hey, I told you to give me a chance. I always pick locks.” I said.

He just nodded and stepped to the side. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and pushed it into the lock and soon enough the door was unlocked. Dean gave me a ‘good job’ look. “Nice work, short stuff.”

Sam got in front of me again and slowly opened the door. He pushed it open and there were three or four sleeping vampires in hammocks. I gasped and backed away from the door. Dean looked at me and I shook my head at him. I couldn’t go in. But, I had to; I didn’t want them to ship me off like they were going to do in the first place.

I sucked in a deep breath of air and walked into the room next to Dean and Sam. I saw some of the vampires stir. “Guys,” I whispered in a very low voice. “This is nothing like Twilight.” I saw a small smile creep its way on Dean and Sam’s faces. “But, shouldn’t we come back later. You know, when we gather up everything we need.” I said, still whispering as low as I could.

“Yea, she has a point there, Dean.” Sam said, looking over at his brother.

“Sure.” He said. “Let’s go. We have some work to do.” Dean said and we all left as quickly and quietly as possible.

-------

“So, what do we do?” I asked them. “We are clearly out numbered.” I said as we got into the motel room.

“Well,” Dean said, looking over at Sam, “we need to get some things. And we need to get them right now.” He said.