|C.6|

➣➣➣➣➣➣

➣➣➣➣➣➣

Blake sat with a cold stare, arms crossed, sitting next to the vine boy, Thomas. Eleven boys lied around her in a some kind of semicircle, staring her way with curiosity. Frypan told her that none of them had seen an awake girl in two years.

But Blake wanted to scream, asking why she had to sit on trail when it wasn't her fault she woke up in the Maze. What were they gonna do to her? Blake only recognized a few among the boys. She remembered Gally the boy who hated Thomas. She remembered Newt, who she soon found out was second in command to the unconscious boy, Alby. There was Frypan, the hairy guy who brought her food. Then, there was Minho, the sarcastic Runner.

Once settled, Newt spoke. "In place of our leader, sick in bed, I declare this Gathering begun," he said, with a subtle roll of his eyes. "As you all know, the last few hours have been bloody crazy, and quite a bit seems centered around our Greenbean, Tommy, and the girl who woke up in the Maze, Blake."

Thomas's face blushed with embarrassment, but Blake's face remained a cold stare.

"He's not the Greenie anymore. He's just a rule breaker now," Gally said, his voice almost comical. "And her. I bet she has her memories. I bet this is all one big act. Ha, let's just throw her back with the Grievers since they like her so much."

This caused the room to irrupt in whispers and murmurs. Blake's anger got the best of her. "You know that rule breaker saved your leader's life! And if I had my memories I wouldn't play dumb. I'm just as clueless as all of you nail brains!"

"Blake, remain silent," Newt ordered. "And Gally, try to keep some buggin' order, here. If you're gonna blabber your shuck mouth every time I say something, you can go ahead and bloody leave, because I'm not in a very cheerful mood."

Gally folded his arms and leaned back against his chair. Blake wanted to laugh at how pathetic he looked.

Newt gave Gally a hard stare, then continued. "Glad we got that out of the way." Another roll of the eyes. "Reason we're here is because almost every lovin' kid in the Glade has come up to me in the last day or two either boohooing about both of them or beggin' to take their bloody hands in marriage. We need to decide what we're gonna do with the two of them."

Blake opened her mouth to say she didn't do anything wrong when her words were stopped by Newt's. "Look Blake you're not allowed to say a buggin' thing until we ask you to. Same goes for you, Tommy. Good that?" He waited for the nod of Thomas and her; Thomas gave it without trouble, but Blake stood there with a hard look on her face. After a moment of silence, she nodded.

"Zart the Fart, you start."

Blake rolled her eyes at the immature snickers around her, as the big guy she assumed was Zart shifted in his seat. He looked at Thomas then Blake with a weird look on his face.