|C.9|

⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫

⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫

"Well, come on," Newt said to Thomas as he grabbed his arm. "No way I'm not going with ya."

The three boys left the room and she was left standing with Minho. She wanted to follow the boys but didn't know if it was her place to. "Go with them. I'm sure they won't care."

Blake nodded and ran to catch up with them. The chubby boy looked at her then at Thomas and Newt. "Um...is she supposed to come with us?"

Newt turned to look at Blake and the cubby boy. "You two. Stay."

Even though he didn't answer the young boy's question, he still nodded and so did she. This wasn't my place to argue, she thought.

Thomas talked with the boy with long brown hair, so Blake stopped Newt at the stairs. "How long is the Changing?"

Newt looked at her for a moment. "A few days. Why?"

"Just wondering. I mean I'm just trying to figure more about this place...everything is so confusing."

"You'll get used to it, Greenie."

Blake rolled her eyes. "Don't call me Greenie."

Their conversation was cut short by Thomas walking up the stairs. Newt followed quickly despite his limp, leaving her with the younger boy. The pudgy boy walked up to her, she noticed he had blue eyes which fit his flabby face well. "My name is Chuck. I was the Greenbean before Thomas."

"Greenbean?"

"It's what we call the newest Newbie," Chuck smiled. "I would call you that but I heard you tamed some Griever. I don't want to get on your bad side."

Blake nodded, smiling slightly. "Everyone heard about that, huh?"

"Pretty much. I have been showing Thomas around so I could probably show you around, too. You had klunk first day, huh?"

"Yeah, if you count sitting in a chair for hours, then hearing Gally on a screw-loose."

Chuck rolled his eyes. "Never liked the...Shank."

"I really got to learn this Glader slang," Blake laughed.

"I heard you have your own slang."

Blake looked at him confused. She didn't remember using slang or having any in that matter. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I heard you call people doorknobs or nail brains. Maybe it's not slang but nicknames, I guess! They are kind of funny."

Blake didn't even realize that she used those words. They flew off her tongue so easily that she didn't take much thought into them. "Maybe it's something I said before I got here."

"Maybe. Newt does that a lot calling things bloody."

They both shared a laugh. Suddenly the door opened, and both of their heads turn to look up the stairs.