9

Well here is the last chapter! Have fun!!!

Harry's pov

I left Dumbledore's office and started making my way down the corridor. I heard voices in a nearby classroom and went closer to the door.

"It's a sign Severus. You know what it means as well as I," a voice said. Karkaroff.
The door swung open and Snape stepped out. I rushed to make it look like I was just walking.

"Potter! What's your hurry? Congratulations, your performance in the Black Lake was inspiring. Gillyweed, am I correct?" Snape said.
"Yes sir."
"Ingenious. A rather rare herb, gillyweed. Not something found in your every day garden," he said, narrowing his eyes and holding up a bottle. "Nor is this, know what it is? Veritaserum. Three drops of this and You-Know-Who himself will spill his darkest secrets. The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden, however, should you steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice."
"I haven't stolen anything."
"Don't lie to me. Gillyweed might be innocuous, but boomslang skin? Lacewing flies? You and your friends are brewing poly juice potion and believe me I'm going to find out why."
He turned and slammed the classroom door in my face.

-------------time skip-----------

I walked down to the Quidditch Pitch with Ron, Hermione, and Y/n. The Pitch's trimmed grass was replaced by a tall hedge maze. The other champions were standing at the entrance already. Loud music was being played as well, giving the event a lively impression instead of a dangerous one. I waved to the Ron, Hermione, and Y/n and they went into the crowd. The music stopped and Dumbledore started to speak.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the Tri-Wizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand. Contestants, gather round."

We stood in a circle and listened to Dumbledore.
"In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Find the cup if you can, but be wary you just lose yourselves along the way."
How comforting.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves," Moody said.
"On the count of three! One..."
The cannon fired. I looked over to Filtch and he shrugged. I turned back to the maze and walked in. The tall hedge blocked out the sun, enveloping me in darkness. I continued cautiously into the maze. Noises surrounded me. Rustling leaves and other sounds that could be anything really. I heard a scream from Fleur and ran to her. The ground was swallowing her and Krum was standing over her.

"Fleur!" I cried.
I sent red sparks up for her. Krum shot a spell at me but missed.
"Get down!" Cedric yelled.
He threw a hex at Krum and took the Durmstrang's wand.
"No stop!" I intervened. "He's bewitched Cedric."
I grabbed his arm in an attempt to spare Krum but the Hufflepuff got out of my grip.
"Get off me!"
"He's bewitched!"

The bushes started moving and revealed the Tri-Wizard cup. We looked at each other before running to it. Vines reached out and tripped Cedric. I hesitated and looked back at him.
"Harry!"
I sent a spell at the plant and it loosened its grip. Cedric got up.
"You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me," he said.
"For a moment so did I."
"Some game huh?"
"Some game."
We walked to the Cup and looked at each other, not daring to claim it.
"Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric said,
"Together, on three. One, two, three!"