Chapter 4: Too Much to Drink

She looked surprised by that, even though I don't hang out with, let alone talk to, anyone else. But she quickly recovered from her surprise as it turned to curiosity, "May I ask why Mrs. Toujou is the one person at this school you like?" I sigh at her question.

"She's quiet, polite, and doesn't get on my nerves. Can't say the same for the rest of this school." I noticed a small smirk on Sona's face as I said this.

"Very well, I'll have you put in the club she's in," she said, pulling out some papers.

"About that, what club is she in?"

"Mrs. Toujou is in the Occult Research Club, it's held in the old school building near the woods. I recommend heading there after school to get acquainted with the other members of the club."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll head there after this dumbass school day ends."

"Please refrain from using that language at school."

"Ugh, fine. See ya next time I do something to piss you off," and with that I get up and leave to get the rest of this boring day over with.

TIME-SKIP TO THE END OF THE DAY

Finally the day was over, well, kinda. I still have to go meet the other people in Koneko's club. I wonder what kind of people I'll get to ignore there.

3rd pov:

As (Y/n) approached the old building he noticed that it looked as if it would fall down any day now. While inside of the building a brown-haired boy was learning that he had been reincarnated as a devil.

"Everyone you know the drill," A red-haired girl said as two wings emerged from her back with everyone else in the room following suit. But before the shocked kid sitting on the couch could react there was a knock on the door.

"Yo, Koneko you in there?" a male voice asked as the door opened.

(Y/n) pov:

As I open the door I'm greeted with the sight of everyone in the room but one having bat-like wings coming out of their backs. While everyone in the room stares at me all I can think of is one thing. "I think I had wayyy too much to drink last night..." When I said that the people in the room came back to reality and in sync sucked their wings back in.

"Who are you and what are you doing here," a redheaded bitch demanded from me. It took me a few seconds to realize that she actually wanted an answer.

"Sona said I was supposed to join this club...." At the mention of Sona everyone looks confused.

"Why would Sona put you in this club?" another voice feminine voice asked. This girl had raven black hair and a figure that could make any man swoon. Before I could answer a familiar voice piped up.

"I asked him to come here after school earlier. I forgot that I did, sorry Rias" I looked over at Koneko who was as unemotional as ever. Seeming not caring that she had WINGS COMING OUT OF HER BACK! Everyone now looked at Koneko.

"Koneko I thought you knew today was Issei's initiation." This Rias said.

"I forgot," was all she got in response.

"Ok, BACK THE FUCK UP," everyone looked back at me again. "Why did everyone have WINGS?!?" Everyone looked at each other, excluding the brown-haired kid who looked more confused than ever.

"Could you sit down please?" The black-haired girl said now, we'll explain everything. Aw, hell naw man. I'm not going any further in there. I should just book it, get the hell out of here before anything happens.

Before I just run, Koneko grabs my arm, "Sit down, please," she says while giving me the cutest look I have ever seen.

I blush a little before answering, "A-alright..." I make my way over to the couch next to the kid who's in the same boat as me, really fucking confused.

"H-hey, I'm Issei," the brown-head said.

"(Y/n)," I replied

"So," I looked back at the Rias person. "It seems that this will be more complicated now." She said while glaring at me for whatever reason even though none of this is my fault.  "I'll just say it again i guess." I look at her confused, what could you say explains having wings? "We..." she pauses gesturing to the other people in the room, "are devils." 

"Uhh, what? Sorry but I think I misheard you..."

"You didn't mishear me (Y/n), everyone in this room, except you, is a devil." This has to be a joke, right? I mean, devils don't exist. "Oh, by the way," I look back at Rias who seems to be the leader of these 'devils.' "Now that you know we're devils you'll have to be watched to make sure you don't reveal us to the world."

"Are you serious?" she nods, "Who would I tell? No one would believe me!" I shouted still in shock about this whole situation. 

"Koneko, would you please escort Issei and (Y/n) home please? Also, keep an eye on (Y/n)"

"Sure." I looked over at the one person I thought i knew in this school, how could she have kept such a big secret?

TIME-SKIP

3rd pov:

As Koneko walked Issei and (Y/n) home through the park (Y/n) kept asking questions about devils and what Rias had meant by "initiation"

"Everyone in the club used to be human, except for Rias," Koneko said. This just confused (Y/n) even more however.

"Wait, what do you mean 'used to be human'?"

"Exactly what I said." Koneko responded. "Rias turned everyone in the club into devils." 

(Y/n) pov:

What does she mean, 'turned them into devils?' "How is that even possible..." I asked

"Using chess" was all I got in return. As I was about to ask what the hell that was supposed to mean an evil laugh echoed through the park.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" A man emerged from the trees in front of us, flying. He wore a grey trench coat and a fedora and while he was flying his wings were more bird-like than the ORC's. "I spy two devils and... a human?" He laughed again, "Never knew devils kept slaves." He turned over to Issei, "As for you, I guess Raynare doesn't know how to finish a job properly."

He started to fly closer, as he did a ball of light formed in his hand. It then expanded looking like a type of weapon. As he readied whatever it was Koneko stepped in front of me and Issei. 

"Koneko? What are yo-"

"Protecting you," she cut me off. The floating guy just smirked.

"It doesn't matter if you 'protect' them, you're all going to die here." As he said that he pulled his weapon back at threw it. Right at Koneko, who wasn't moving!