~Litha~part 2

"I really like you Raelle.." whispered Logan into Raelle's ear as the two girls danced together,

Raelle moved so she could look Logan directly into her liquid topaz eyes. They were doing that thing where they looked like gemstones lit on fire swirling with a mix of green and gold swam in her warm brown hues.

"Why..?" She whispered to her "I've been nothing but terrible to you and your family since I walked through those doors. I mean for goddess sake I hurt you!
How could you ever like someone like me?"

Logan looked into Raelle's soapy blue eyes and she wiped away the tears off her warm, soft cheeks " Because you also saved me Raelle.  Your a good person, even if you do let your temper get the best of you and clobber someone in the head with a prop scourge." She said smiling that adorable smile of her's in which Raelle returned with one of her own but it soon faded as the painful memories of what had happened to the poor girl flooded her head.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It had all happened the day she found out that Abigail's mother was responsible for her mother's death. Raelle remembered all of her anger boiling to the top and how she wanted nothing more than to knock Abigail down a few pegs, how a fight broke out between the two young witches.

How Logan was the one who tried to restrain Raelle from hitting Abigail again, and how Raelle swung her arm with the prop scourge in her hand at her and hit her on the side of her head.

The sound of Logan's tiny body falling to the ground and started convulsing in a seizure. The sickening screams that came from Abigail Bellwether as she watched in horror her cousin choking on the white foam that came pouring out of her mouth.

The image of Logan with a large gash in the side of her head as blood dripped  into her eyes that were rolled in the back of her head.

Raelle had acted quickly and began to link with the girl who was quickly fading away and she only had a limited time window before Logan would be to far gone to bring her back.

Thankfully she had gotten to her in time but Logan was in a coma for almost two weeks, after that she had become more reclusive as Alder thought it would be best to isolate her from the other witches and she hardly talked to anyone even her own cousin. Raelle spent more time in Scylla's dorm as every time she went to her own she would get chewed out by Abigail.

But Raelle would sneak out of training or in the middle of the night when visiting hours had long been over to go and check on Logan.

She had learned from her mother that people in a coma usually liked to hear people's voices as it comforted them.

She knew Logan liked to read so she would spend hours reading to her stories she thought she would like (that was before she knew Logan mostly read Japanese manga and scyfi books).

Raelle didn't sleep for fourteen nights because she spent them all making sure that Logan would be okay. She would watch her chest rise and fall with each labored breath for she thought that if she took her eyes off of her for a second that something bad would happen to her.  But for reasons why she couldn't quite figure out Raelle found herself growing quite fond of Logan Devereaux and actually looked forward to getting to sit and read to her every night or share funny stories about what happened in her childhood, every time she did Logan would squeeze Raelle's hand as if to say she wanted Rae to keep going . Raelle never got to do that with her unit or even with Scylla. So Raelle hoped that when Logan woke up the two would become friends.

And it came as a huge excitement when the girl found out that Logan was awake, but to her dismay Adler never let the two get any where near each other and had deemed Raelle a danger to Logan leaving the two girls to slowly forget their bond they had together.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~