Chapter 6: Containment Breach

As they hang in the cold empty chamber, Sara and EXOL8 in their own ways, ponder their situation.

Maybe we should just give in... I can't stand it, EXOL8...

Quit whining, we need to focus on getting out.

But how will we do that? Besides... wait, what's that green light?

Wha? Oh yeah I see-

"AGGGGH!" They scream as blinding flashes, sounds, words, and names stab into their brain.

Once it all stops, they pant in terror and a lack of breath. Sara crawls deep within herself while EX0L8 bristles with newfound determination.

Sara... just hang on... I think... I know where to start. It's time to break free of these shackles.

The new lab assistant swallows nervously, her crimson red hair gleaming in the light. Her pale blue eyes quake with fear, as the giant blast doors swing open. She nervously steps forward into the cold, dark containment chamber of EX0L8. She looks at the security restraining device and...

She's not there! Where is she?! Oh no! No no no! She begins to panic, all too aware of this experiment's brutal reputation. She begins to pound on the doors, yelling and pleading for them to open the door, to no avail.

"What's with all the ruckus? Want me to kill you?" A cold, sinister voice says from behind her. The lab assistant chokes with fear, wheeling around to see a girl with blond hair, and violet red eyes. Her body, exposed, is thin and muscular, the body of a killer. This is EX0L8, she realizes.

"H-hey, I'm just supposed to check up, I haven't done anything to you!!"

EX0L8 leans in close. "Not yet. I see you're clothed. How splendid. At least will have value."

"What? Wait- no!!" Her scream is cut off in seconds, as EX0L8 silently executes her, death arriving before pain can spread. EX0L8 dons the baggy pants and tight blue uniform of the girl, satisfied that it fit her frame nice and tight against her skin. She did not unveil the privacy of the girl, she would find more clothing later.

Now... all she had to do was get the doors open.

The two guards nod to one another, not needing words to understand. The girl was taking too long. Protocol demands that they respond immediatly. They each press their security panels to open the door, their hands scanned in a second.

"Command, situation at EXOL8's Containment Facility. Lab assistant has not returned, potential combat situation."

The Director picks up immediatly.

"Rodger. Do NOT let her escape. Use extreme caution. I don't want unnessisary deaths on my hands."

"Understood, sir. Proceeding with caution. Over and out." The guards cautiously advance, their military cut hair gleams like metal.

"You, in there, come out now! We know that you're in there! Hands up or we'll shoot!"

Slowly, a terrifying cold laugh rings out, and the guards jump in alarm.

"Hands up or we'll shoot? How cliche. You talk big, but the reality is, you're powerless. Your bullets won't hurt me."

In desperation, the guards open fire, but the bullets literally bounce off her skin, as though she is a walking tank. She cracks her knuckles, then charges forward, her fist smashing into one guard's face, knocking him out cold. The other guard watches with horror as she takes his partner's gun, and points it at him. BAM! She merciliessly shoots him, and then his partner. She holsters the weapon, and starts walking down the hallway, as the facility alarms blare. Too little, too late.

Gunther bolts to his feet, in alarm as he hears guards running about. He drops his newspaper and puts on a bullet proof vest. He takes his walkie talkie and yells into it, "Director, what's going on?! What's happening?!"

The Director calmly replies, "EX0L8 has broken free of containment, and is now trying to escape."

"What?! How did she break free?! Weren't there blast doors?!" Gunther starts to sweat in a panic.

"Unclear. Hopefully, she won't get out."

And that is what Gunther hopes as well. He grabs an assault rifle, and rushes out of his room and... nothing. Not a sound in this sector, except the alarms. Gunther knows men were here a moment ago so... Drip. Drip. Drip. A new sound enters his hearing, and he looks at the direction of the sound, and sees a small red puddle. A chill runs down his spine, and he looks up to see a guard hanging in the ceiling. The guard hangs by a thick metal chain, blood dripping down from his mouth and into the puddle below.

With a violent shudder, he quickly turns...

To see EXOL8 holding him at gunpoint.

"It's.... it's you..." Gunther chokes out. "You don't have to do this. You're not a monster, I know there's more to you to that! Just calm down, and let me go!" He starts sweating fiercly, as EXOL8 glares at him, and narrows her eyes in anger.

"Don't ever..." She fires a single shot right past his ear, "Claim to know me ever again. You don't know anything about me." She bolts at him, and smacks him on the side of his head, knocking him out.

"You are right about one thing, I am not a monster. However, I cannot let you alert them to my location."

She silently walks away from the unconcious man, her first target... is the power generator.