Soulmate marks

Most people can't wait to meet they're soulmate. Can't wait to find the one that they're supposed to spend the rest of they're lives with. But, this isn't the case when it come to Izuku. Unlike most he's always dreaded the day he meets them. Always hated the idea of a mark telling who he can and can't be with. He wants to be able to choose who he spends the rest of his life with. But, like everyone else he is fated to be with his soulmate.

It's the first day of UA and Izuku is actually looking forward to it. Until he gets there and he runs into the one thing that can ruin his UA experience. This particular problem has a name. Bakugo Katsuki. Izuku had never spoken to Bakugo before. And for a good reason. He always saw him bullying others and make sure to stay under his radar. Although he would make sure to help bakugo's victims after he  had left. So far he had succeeded, However that all ended when he walked into class. On the other side of the room Bakugo was yelling at someone with glasses that was chopping his arms violently. He had to force himself to act casually. To not do anything that would draw his attention. Hope that he wouldn't get approached. After taking his seat he couldn't help but gaze at the bandages that covered his soulmark. The mark that he had always hated with a burning passion. He hated belonging with someone just because the universe says so.

Izuku's mother had an alcoholic soulmate who was extremely abusive towards them. He had left 2 years ago. Seeing how much pain she went made him realise how bullshit soul marks were. If she didn't have him as a soulmate then she wouldn't have been abused like that.
Izuku swore to himself a long time ago that if he ever met his soulmate he would walk away. He wasn't going to accept whoever the universe had chosen for him. It was all a lie anyway.
So Izuku's soulmark didn't come as a surprise to him. In bold angry letters it wrote 'OUT OF MY WAY SHORTY ' of course it was something like that proves his point. Soulmates never work out. If this is the first thing his 'soulmate' says to him then he's not expecting much.
———————————————————————-