CHAPTER 1: MEANIES

MIKE🐒
I winced as the jerk worker dude pulled me up off the ground. Did he just tase me? What a meanie!

"We'll see you later Mike, I promise!" Ian called after me as I was dragged away.

"Bye Momma Iron and Daddy Draven!" I screeched back, confused by all the creepy men snickering around me. What's so funny?

"Shut the fuck up." The man grunted. I didn't like him very much.

"You know, you kind of have a shitty personality," I informed him, "Is it because you need some dick? Or a vagina?"

My ears started ringing and my head ached when he punched me in the jaw. Yeah. I really didn't like the meanie.

"Keep your damn trap shut," he growled at me like a wolf. Maybe he's a furry.

I decided to listen and keep my mouth shut so that he didn't punch me again. That hurt a lot and I could talk to my new roomie instead. Hopefully he wouldn't be another meanie.

I was shoved into a random cell and the door locked me behind me as the dude walked away wordlessly. I rubbed my arm that he gripped too tightly with a wince at his manhandling. That would definitely leave a bruise.

The cell was dark and the ground looked damp. There was a metal bunk bed that looked about ready to collapse, rusty and worn out. Oh yeah. And there was a large scary looking man laying down on the top. He was glaring at me with his muscular arms crossed.

His hair was a dirty blonde color that looked golden. It was dark, but I could slightly make out his hazel eyes that complemented his tan skin.

Goddamn.

He's even hotter than Daddy Draven and Xavier.

"Get the fuck out." His deep, gravely voice filled my ears and I almost came just hearing the sexy sound.

"Uh, I can't really do that. It's locked," I said awkwardly, oddly timid compared to my usual loud personality. I didn't know what was happening but he made me feel weird. The good kind. Like eating worms.

His gaze on me hardened and he closed his eyes, ready to sleep. "Fine, but tomorrow when we get out you're gone, rat sans valeur."

What the shit does that mean? Rat sans valeur?

"I don't know what that means," I told him but he didn't even look at me.

"It means que vous êtes irritant," he replied.

"Uh that doesn't really help buddy. I don't speak Italian."

"It's French you dumb fuck."

Is everybody in this place so damn mean? He's hot as hell so I guess he got a free pass from me. Maybe he'd say rude things but if I got to stare at that sculptured jawline every day then it was a fair trade.

"Why are you being so mean? It's not my fault we're in the same cell," I mumbled in a quiet voice and brought my attention to the ground.

His eyes opened and his head turned toward me. He just kept his eyes on me silently for a few moments, making my stomach feel all weird again.

"Go to sleep," he instructed. His tone was a little less harsh this time.

I crawled onto the bottom bunk and grimaced at the hard surface. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. There was a dripping sound coming from the corner of the cell and the air smelled moist. Maybe we shouldn't have started that fight that got us stuck in here. It was fun punching Angelo in the dick, but not fun enough to stay in prison for six months.

The mental hospital wasn't great either but it was a lot better than this shit. I missed it. And my ants that Momma Iron got me were probably dead.

-

I woke up, feeling hot breathing fanning against the side of my face. I shot up and backed away from Zev who was crouched next to my bed. It was the same hot dude, but he looked... different?

He didn't look so mean anymore. He actually looked sort of nice. His hazel eyes were wide and full of an emotion I couldn't decipher, his posture and atmosphere less intimidating.

"Who are you?" he asked me.

I blinked at him. What?

"Mike, your cell mate," I said hesitantly, keeping my guard up in case he decided to strangle me to death suddenly.

He tilted his head at me sideways like a puppy. "Hi Mike, I'm Zev. Why are you in my room?"

"Um..." I trailed off. "That guy brought me in here. Do you not remember?"

"Oh, I was probably asleep." He shrugged even though he was definitely not asleep. "Are you new here?"

This dude seemed insane. Man, all the hot ones are crazy. It was a miracle I managed to be normal and hot at the same time.

"Yeah," I went along with it. Whatever, as long as he wasn't about to kill me then I'd go with his spiel.

"What's a cutie like you doing in a dump like this?" he quizzed, standing up and sitting on the bed next to me.

My face suddenly lit on fire.

"Water! Get water!" I screeched, bolting off of the bed. How the hell did that happen?! Is skin flammable?!

He jumped back in surprise and his head slammed into the bed but he didn't address it or even wince in pain. "Why are you yelling? Are you thirsty?"

"Am I thirsty?" I shrieked, "no! My face is on fire, are you blind?!"

He blinked at me before smiling widely. "You're blushing. Your face isn't on fire, cutie."

My face lit on fire again. I patted my cheeks in confusion. The skin was hot but there weren't any flames. Well I guess it was that blushing thing. That had never happened to me before.

"Sweet jesus, that was horrible." I panted, "never make me do that again."

He stood up with a huge grin. "No can do joli garçon."

"Jolly croissant?" I repeated what he said, or at least tried to. "The hell does that mean?"

He took a step toward me and I gulped at his height. I think he was even bigger than Daddy Draven. He towered over me, the top of my head barely reaching his pecs.

"Joli garçon," he repeated. "It means pretty boy."

I did that blushing thing again and screamed, "I told you not to do that again!"

"No can do, mon amour. You can't help it."

I huffed and broke eye contact. "Why is it even happening anyway? It's never happened before."

His big hands were gripping my waist before I could even blink. "It happens when you're attracted to someone."

Oh fuck. He knows.

"I have a blood condition," I lied, "it just does that."

He raised a brow at me. "Didn't you just say it's never happened before?"

Shit.

"Your hands are on my hips," I changed the subject, my throat malfunctioning and trying to close. Was that another blushing thingy?

"Yes they are."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

I shrugged. He had a point.

Whatever. I'm not complaining.