Chapter 1: Kiss Kiss Don't Fall In Love

Here we go!!!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

AndPeggy: John we have a LEVEL 5 EMERGENCY

TurtleBoi: What's going on and who do I need to punch?

AndPeggy: I may have just dropped my rainbow pride bracelet on the ground right in front of Jefferson.

TurtleBoi: Ok get here NOW I have a plan

He did not have a plan.

John shoved his phone into his pocket and started biting on his nails out of habit. He didn't know why he bit his nails when anxiety struck him, but these nails were going to need to be trimmed tonight. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Peggy Schuyler running towards him faster through the hallways than he could believe, but then again, she was the top runner on the women's track team. She was as beautiful as ever, wearing a bright yellow sweatshirt and denim ripped jeans with worn white converse. Jefferson trailed her, with a murderous look on her face.

Let's rewind.

At Kings High School, there is one rule you should always follow if you don't want to be bullied or ridiculed. Don't be gay. Some, like John's friends Hercules and Lafayette, have no problem with it and have even risen to the top where people have even begun to respect them. But not John. He was a no-one in the eyes of the school, a helpless rabbit in the clutches of a wolf pack. Peggy would be fine, though, at least she had status; her dad is a politician. But not even her family knows, not even her sisters, whom she is very close with. Right now, they're both rabbits in the forest, with more eyes on them now.

Peggy came to a halt beside John. "I know you don't have a plan, so just shut up and go with it." Peggy grabbed John's waist and pulled him closer to her body, and kissed him. There was no passion behind it, no romantic love. Just friends in a helpless situation.

"Aww, Jacky! I've been looking for you!" Peggy turned around slowly to see Jefferson with a slack face, standing there in awe. "Sorry, Jefferson, did you need something?" She formed her face into an overdramatic pout as he slowly turned to walk away. Once there were fewer people in the hallway, John turned to Peggy with a smile on his face.

"Peggy, you're a genius! How'd you come up with that idea?" He grabbed her waist and picked her up, spinning the two in a small circle. Peggy giggled then shrugged.

"I don't know exactly, I just knew I had to prove to Jeffershit I was straight, and you helped finish the job. Thank you, John Laurens, for being the straightest gay person I know." John chuckled at that as she gave her signature Peggy smile as they walked towards class together, they both had chemistry together. Peggy was in 10th grade, and John was in the 11th, but they were in the same classes because she qualified as a "gifted" student. "Oh shit," she whispered, tensing up and freezing in her place.

"Peggy? What's the matter?" John said, turning to lightly grab her upper arms. He hated it when she got like this, completely frozen and unresponsive. He realized that it was worse than that, she was having a full-blown panic attack. John guided her to the side of the hallway to sit down and hopefully relax. "Peggy, can you tell me what happened?" He calmly said. The last thing that he wanted was for her to pass out, and he was not going to let that happen.

"I- I was worried about what will happen if Jefferson really finds out the truth, we'll be ruined, and if that happens, we'll be in danger. You know what happened to Samuel Seabury." Peggy had black-ish tears streaming down her face, from the layer of mascara she applied that morning. She grabbed the front of John's sweatshirt and pulled him closer, wanting a hug.

"Peggy, be careful with that name. And don't worry, they'll never find out unless we want them to. Here's the new plan, Pegs," He said, rubbing his hand in circles on her back. "We fake-date, do all of the stuff regular couples do, we can even go on 'dates' which is us normally, just going out to dinner. Does that sound ok?" John pulled away from the hug and smiled. Peggy gave a small smile and a nod, agreeing with the plan.

"Thanks for cheering me up, Jacky," she smiled as she pulled John up from the ground.

"Anytime, Pegs. And here, you have some makeup running down your face." He grabbed some makeup remover wipes from out of his backpack and handed her one.

"Aww, you carry around makeup wipes for me, your girlfriend?" Peggy said the last word loudly, winking at him.

"As your boyfriend, that's the least I can do," He said, winking back.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Dudes, I'm sorry. It apparently didn't save the changes so I had to rewrite a lot of it. I also added more. Luckily, I'm going to write it on Grammarly then copy and paste it here so it doesn't get lost again. Whoops.

Published (finally) 6/29/2020

Word total: 818