Chapter 2: Meet Cute?

A/N: If you guys wanted to know, I'm laying in bed eating chips ahoy right now. I'm going to start a fight but the chewy ones are way better than the crunchy ones. OK, now it's writing time!!!!!!!!!

Also, this takes place right after chapter one ends.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Peggy Schuyler was bored. She absolutely despised chemistry, not because it was hard, but because the class was too damn long. The teacher droned on about the properties of elements, (fight me I haven't been in chemistry since last year I don't remember a lot) so being the sneaky person she is, passed a note to John.

John help I'm bored. Peggy slid the note under the table they were sitting at and over to John. He looked up at her and smiled, him not being surprised by her antics. He flipped the small piece of paper over and scribbled on it before passing it back to Peggy. She quickly got the note back.

Hopefully, there'll be a new kid coming so you can show him around.

Not ten seconds later, there was an announcement that came through the classroom.

Can I have a Miss Peggy Schuyler to the front office? A woman said. Peggy hated that woman, mostly because when she came late one day, by about 5 seconds, the lady gave her a tardy pass and ruined her school record of not being late through her entire school career. She turned to John one last time, who gave her two thumbs up, and smiled again, and left the classroom.

I hope this kid is nice, Peggy thought. She really didn't want to have another incident where the new kid punched her in the face. Two times were enough. She didn't get it, why would someone punch someone they just met? If this was a girl, and she was Peggy's type, she would surely give the girl her number. once she got closer to the front desk, she saw a young man with dark hair in a ponytail, a grey sweatshirt, and some denim jeans. He also carried a black backpack, likely filled with school supplies. Peggy caught the woman's attention and she came out from around her desk and walked the boy over to her. "Peggy, this is Alexander, and I would like you to show him around to his classes. Would that be alright?" Peggy decided not to get angry at the woman in front of Alexander, so she just smiled and motioned the new kid to walk with her.

"So," Alexander said. "I can tell you really don't like that lady." He looked down and laughed a bit. He silently cursed himself for talking first.

"You're right about that." Peggy chuckled at this. "So, Alexander, where are you from? I'm from right here in New York."

"I'd... prefer not to answer that. Sorry." He looked down again. She was definitely going to get mad at him, right? Stupid Alex, he thought. You always mess everything up.

"It's no big deal, you don't have to tell the first person you see your whole life story," Alex paused. Why wasn't she mad at him? "Okie Dokie, here's your first class. Chemistry right? Oh my god, we have the same class together!" Peggy squealed. Alexander just gave a small laugh at her reaction.

"I'm happy to see your enthusiasm," He smiled, a real smile. one that hasn't been shown in ages. He forgot how to be happy. How sad is that?

"Alexander, you're going to love it. It's with my best- boyfriend," she corrected herself and hoped that Alexander didn't catch her mistake. "He's like the happiest person on the planet. I mean, not always, but a lot of the time he's the happiest person I know. I think you'd really like him." Peggy got excited just talking about John, and she really did love him, that much is true. But they were both gay as fuck, so that's never going to happen.

"I'm sure I would. You can call me Alex by the way," He gave a sad smile, not because he was sad but because they were the only ones ever really shown.

"Ok, Alex, let's go to your other classes. But before we do, real talk." Peggy stopped to talk to him. "I don't know if you are, and I frankly don't care, but if you're gay, do not tell people, or let it show. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, but I want to keep you safe. Remember, if you ever need to talk about anything, John and I are here. John and I have some friends who are gay, and we're completely fine about it. Let's just get to your classes."

Peggy showed Alex to all of his classes, and Alex was still shocked by what she said. Sure, he was an expert about hiding his bisexuality, but if he had people he could trust about it, even better. Peggy explained to him that after the second hour was lunchtime, and John and Alex had it together so all three could all walk to lunch together. By the time Alex and Peggy got back to chemistry, the bell had rung so they had to go to their next class. Peggy said to head to his class and John would catch up with them. once Peggy saw that Alex was a safe distance away, she pulled John to the side.

"John, this new kid is really handsome, and your type. Don't mess it up." She said seriously to him. By now the hallway was flooded with people with watchful eyes. She whispered to him again, "Should we kiss or something? You know, we have to keep up this dating act,"

"Uhh, yeah, let's kiss." The two leaned into each other and let their lips connect for half a second before turning their heads away. "See you later, Pegs," John said. Peggy just waved.

Once John entered the classroom and found the new kid sitting near the front. John chose a seat to his left and sat down. He looked at Alex, and suddenly everything became numb to him. Peggy was lying, though. He wasn't handsome, he was gorgeous. "Hi, I'm John," John stuck out his hand to the smaller boy as he reluctantly took it.

"H- Hi. I'm Alexander Hamilton or just Alex." Alex made eye contact for a brief second and realized how breathtaking he was. With his brown hair and golden-green eyes, and his face, oh god his face, Alex thought. Was breathtaking. He wore a simple red sweatshirt and jeans, with white converse to top it off. He quickly looked down again at his desk to hide his blush. But he's straight. And in a relationship. Alex thought.

That about sums up his life though, right? Alexander Hamilton, born to a whore and a Scotsman from a little island in the Caribbean could never find a real chance at love. He never has. And he never will.

"Hey, so Peggy said that we're going to go to lunch together, right?" He asked, trying to start a conversation with him. Why would he bother to talk to him, anyway? Alex stared into those golden-green eyes, and as much as it hurt to say it, he had to anyway. It was just the way it would always be.

"I- I can't." He mumbled. He felt bad. But John and Peggy only wanted to talk to him because he's the "new kid" and felt bad for him. It wouldn't be different this time.

"Why? We'd love to have you sit with us. You seem like such a cool guy, and maybe we can talk more! C'mon, it'll be fun." John begged, showing his biggest puppy eyes. He wanted Alex to like him. Friends first, then dating? Isn't that how it's supposed to go? That's what he read in some "Miranda" the musical fanfictions.

"Maybe tomorrow, okay?" Alex said just above a whisper. He didn't want to hurt him, that's why he was doing this. If he kept his distance, no-one would miss him when he was gone. Push them away until they forget. That's what he believed.

"That's too bad, but okay. I don't want to pressure you." John showed a sad smile, and Alex never wanted to witness that smile again. He was about to say something when the teacher walked in and started the class.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A/N: Hello my dudes! this took a whole two days to write, so I hope you liked it. 

Published: 6/02/2020

Word total: 1,354