TWELVE

12. my names not Aurora

ALL THE GIRLS STOOD UPON THE GRAND staircase

ALL THE GIRLS STOOD UPON THE GRAND staircase. Meg had kept on playing with her dress, wishing that she had accepted Flo's offer of making her another fabulous dress, more modern for their time.

"Now, what dress will you wear tonight, Meg?" Annie asked her, as Meg hid her ashamed face.

"I will wear this one!"

"That one? Can't you send home for another?" Sallie asked, judging her as Flo listened to her conversation.

"I haven't got another."

"Only one? Oh, that's so funny!" Sallie laughed to herself, as Annie jumped in.

"Not at all. There's no need of sending home, Daisy - I'm going to call you Daisy now - I've got a sweet dark blue dress laid away, and you will wear it to please me, won't you, Daisy?" Flo turned around to her sister, making direct eye contact as she spoke up.

"Meg, you can simply wear my dress!" she smiled at her, Annie turning to her.

"I'm Annie, then what will you wear tonight," she stopped, thinking of a nickname for the blonde girl, "Aurora?"

"My names not Aurora, I'm Flo! And I'll wear this one, while Meg will wear my pink dress!" she smiled, nodding as Annie smiled again.

"You can wear my dark blue dress Aurora! No arguing!" Flo smiled at her, loving her kindness as she nodded.

"If it's all right..."

"Of course!"

<|>

MEG AND FLO WERE IN THEIR ROOM, GETTING DRESSED in their fancy clothes, as they both had a smile planted on their faces.

"Annie was very nice to offer you her dress..." Meg said, tying the corset tightly while Flo was putting her bright green necklace on herself.

"We can switch dresses if you don't like pink on yourself!" Flo said, feeling her sisters laugh as she looked at her, confused.

"Flo, your dress is more gorgeous than any of the other girl's dresses, I'll make sure to tell them that you sewed it when they ask me where it's from! It's also not that fluffy like the dress you're wearing, I like mine a lot!" Meg said, pushing down Flo's dress's feathers as Meg's dress stood more straight compared to her sisters.

"Let's go then, yes?" Flo turned to her sister, who looked gorgeous in her pink dress that matched with her skin tone.

<|>