EIGHTEEN

18. you're home!

FLO HAD BEEN LEFT ALONE AT THE BIG HOUSEHOLD, having to design for a new fashion brand while Aunt March had locked her into the house till she was done

"How am I supposed to get inspiration?" Flo asked the fluffy dog laying on her bed.

She was laying on her bed, her dog snuggled up to her as she had her notebook on her lap. She hadn't even had the urge to change from her pajamas, she was wearing a big shirt and long shorts underneath it.

"No need for Amy to have fun, eh..." she talked to herself again, before jumping up and walking downstairs to get something to eat.

<|>

AMY AND AUNT MARCH WERE RIDING IN AN OPEN carriage, reading a letter from home. She was missing the feeling of her older sister bickering and making Aunt March mad, but now she was happy, having no reason to complain. 

"The decadent have ruined Paris if you ask me! These French women couldn't lift a hairbrush!" she laughed at herself, getting no response from Amy as she was focused on the letter.

"Amy! I said these French women couldn't lift a hairbrush!"

"Oh yes! Very true Aunt March..." she said sarcastically.

"Don't humor me, girl. What do they write, your troublemaking family?"

"Mother doesn't say anything about Beth. I feel we should go back but they all stay..."

"You can do nothing if you go back. The girl is sick, not lonely..." 

Beth had gotten worse through the years, her heart being weaker then it used to. But Flo had gotten away with it, never being this healthy. 

"And you shouldn't go home until you and Fred Vaughn are properly engaged, or when your sister Flo has finally found someone to marry!" Amy blushed at the name of Fred, they had been together with some time, and she was just waiting for him to pop the question, being madly in love with the British boy.

"Yes, and until I've completed all of my painting lessons, of course..." 

"What? Oh, yes, yes. Of course!" she says,  making Amy sigh as she watched the passers-by. She straightened up as she saw a man she hadn't seen in three years, looking down as he walked. 

All of a sudden Amy shouted: "Stop the carriage! Laurie! Laurie!" she jumped out of the slow carriage, running towards her old friend as she jumped on him.