chapter four: together again

"hey, it's midoriya." one of the students announces loudly as the class door slowly slides open to reveal said boy.

you perk up from your seat at hearing his name. he hadn't shown up in any of the afternoon classes which only worried you more. during those classes you kept to yourself, too busy bullying yourself for not jumping in sooner to help him.

you contemplate on whether to approach him or not when the other students are crowding around him. in the end you decide to approach him after the introductions have ended.

"midoriya," your voice and presence seem to silence the others bickering. you take a few steps closer until you are right next to him. you take a moment to just scan him, noting there aren't any visible injuries other than a few scratches and scrapes on his face and hands. his uniform also sustained damage, the sleeves left in tatters and other various rips.

midoriya turns his attention to you, a bright blush blossoming on his cheeks at the sight of you in uniform. he doesn't need to know what you look like to be attracted to you.

your personality alone drew him in back in middle school and your strong will to protect him. you didn't change after all those years.

midoriya pulls back at something or someone touching his cheek, successfully bringing him back to the present. it was you. his blush darkens.

"w-what are you doing?" midoriya stammers out, covering his face with his hands to possibly hide the darkening blush on his face.

"you have a few scrapes on your face and hands, can i-"

"how did you even get in?" bakugou interrupts you causing everyone to look at him, "you weren't at the exam so how did you get in?"

a few tense seconds pass by before you answer him, "i was recommended." you tell him the partial truth. he doesn't need to know your current situation and neither did the others. the principal and the teachers at u.a. all thought it is best you keep that information disclosed.

the ash blonde's face scrunches up in a scowl, "of course you were." his eyes held the same amount of hatred it did when he was fighting midoriya.

no one says anything as he stands up from his seat and slings his backpack over his back. he trudges towards you and stops just a couple of inches away from your face, "you made me look like a fool during training.."

midoriya's brows furrow in confusion, "but your team w-"

"that win wasn't mine, it was hers,"  bakugou sneers before flickering his crimson eyes to you, "enjoy that win because you won't be getting another. i'm going to be the number one hero no matter what."

after the short tempered blonde left the classroom the tense atmosphere breaks. "wow, i wonder what's wrong with him?" mina comments.

"don't mind him, (l/n). you did great during that match," the red head known as kirishima, reassures you.

"you moved so fast we didn't even know what happened," sero adds. you simply nod, unsure of what to really say.

"what is your quirk, (l/n)? is it teleportation?" the amphibian like girl asks with her index finger touching her chin. the others seem just as interested in your answer. you are getting slightly uncomfortable from the attention.

"time." you bluntly answer, not wanting to say anymore. the eccentric students comment on your quirk and continue praising you. not wanting to seem rude, you give subtle nods and little, 'thank you's.'

once school ended midoriya and you exit the building together to walk to his apartment. the both of you are quiet, silently enjoying each other's presence.