lost: shinsou - one

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄

𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆
‣ shinsou x fem! reader

𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐄
‣ fluff, angst

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
‣ none

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘
you never thought your imaginary friend
was weird until you heard other kids describe theirs. none of them had a dark, dripping silhouette. that lurked along the walls. years later all your childhood friends stopped having imaginary friends. yours was still there.

you never thought your imaginary friend was weird until you heard other kids describe theirs. none of them had a dark, dripping silhouette that lurked along the walls.

"shinsou?"

you know your friend is hiding in the shadows somewhere, he is always with you.

his shadow pulls away from your closet and takes a few steps towards you. as he gets closer, you can make out more of his features such as his messy hair and sunken eyes.

"why..do you look like that?"

you continue to draw instead of looking up at him as you ask the question. he is now standing a few inches to your left near your drawing table.

a few seconds pass with no answer from him. hesitantly, you look away from your drawing and to him. maybe you stepped a little too far over the line with that question.

"i didn't mean that in a bad way..i'm just asking because my friends at school told me about their imaginary friends and they look so different from you..." you sputter out, continuing to keep eye contact with him.

shinsou is expressionless. in his eyes though, you can tell he is having an internal conflict with himself.

"i'm..different. i don't want to tell you right now though. when the right time comes, i will."

you are a bit disappointed in his response as you're not a very patient person.

"but i thought we're friends.."

you slouch in your seat now, pouting to show how dissatisfied you are.

"we're..i just can't tell you now, i promise i will at some point."

at this response, you slowly nod your head, dropping the subject to shinsou's relief. you turn your focus on your drawing again, resuming where you had left off.

shinsou watches in silence, at first you found it a bit odd but gradually got use to the silence shared between you two.

"do you like it?"

you hold the drawing up for shinsou to see, only an inch or so away from his face. he takes a step back to look at all of it clearly and gives you a slight smile.

the drawing was of him and you together, holding hands. you drew his hair wildly with a purple crayon and even included his dark under bags to shinsou's amusement.

"i like it."