Chapter 2

I was invited by the twins to join them in the Mystery Fair, it's like a carnival. The Mystery Shack is quite far from my cabin so decided to walk in the woods. It was relaxing and quite nostalgic like I've been here before. I hope it's not a bad idea and low-key I'm exploring Gravity Falls too!

"Help! Help!!" Someone shrieked and it immediately caught my attention. I used my ears to sense where noise was coming. I tiptoed and walked behind the bush. I looked stealthily and it was a little man with a red cone on its head who's screaming for help. He was carried by a goat. Wait... Is that a gnome?!

I immediately ran and saved the gnome and shooed the goat away.

"Are you okay?" I asked him yet he kept staring at me and he cleared his throat.

"My, you saved me... Thank you," He said.

"You are more beautiful than Mabel." He mumbled.

"You knew Mabel?" I lit up.

"Of course... I did." He squinted.

"That's great. I knew her! In fact she's my best friend. I hope you're fine and woah, you're a gnome! That's cool." I said in amazement. I thought they weren't real and just a decorations in the garden.

"In fact, I am. My name is Jeff, leader of the gnomes, princess." He smiled smugly.

"I want to express my gratitude, come, let's go visit our tavern."

"Oh, I can't. I mus-"

"I insist."

"Fine, just a few minutes, okay?" I said and followed him.

We reached the tavern and it was breath-taking. The crystals were scattered around and it was filled by little mushrooms. Many gnomes appeared and some waved at me.

"Woah, this is amazing." Looking around in amazement.

"I know you will like it, princess." He said. I cringed a little when he called me 'princess'.

"So do the other gnomes have names?" I asked.

"Yes, this is, Steve, Jason, Mike, Carson, Andy," He pointed at them.

"And... What's your name again? I keep forgetting it." He snapped his fingers as he tried to remember the name of the other gnome.

"Shmebulock!"

"Yes, Shmebulock! I keep forgetting your name,"

"Princess, I know it's crazy but you're so beautiful, you really caught my attention and heart so will you be our Queen for eternity?" He kneeled down in one bended knee and showed a diamond ring. Wow... That escalated quickly.

"Uhm... Jeff, you're really thoughtful but you can work without a Queen. You can control, command and rule the gnomes perfectly without a queen. Just look at them, it's true isn't it?"

"Yes but-"

"You don't need a Queen, Jeff. I can see that you're great leader of the gnomes."

"I guess you are right..."

"Wait- wow, that's easy." I mumbled.

"But I still need a Queen to control, command, and rule beside me!" The gnomes cheered and kept saying "Queen".

"You can't marry me! Because... I have a boyfriend!" Please work lie!

"Then I already stole you from your boyfriend! Gnomes! Get her!" I decided to run as quick as possible. The gnomes were after me.

"Oh! You wouldn't get away from us! We're one of the powerful races and I'll make sure that you're my Queen! Gnomes! Assemble!" Jeff shouted.

I looked back and there's one giant gnome, assembled by a hundreds of gnomes. I cursed under my breath and sprinted faster.