Chapter 3

I've heard the Mystery Fair was dangerously cheap yet fun. It was filled with different attractions and mini games. I saw Mr. Stan sitting inside the dunk tank. Many tourists tried to dunk him yet failed, making him laugh and insult them.

I tried to find the twins but it seems they are not around here. Where are they? While waiting for them, I decided to buy tickets in the booth and tried the toss ball game.

"That's a weird looking stuffed toy. It's looks like a panda and a duck." I muttered. I tried to hit the bottles but I epically failed.

"My aim's getting worse." I mumbled as I walked away. I bought a popcorn to cheer me up yet a random ball hit me, causing me to bump a person. My popcorn fell on the ground miserably.

"I'm sorry." I immediately said.

"I-It's okay!"

"Where's the other one? Where's the other one?" He muttered in panic. 

"Oh no, my popcorn–"

He ran away and something fell from him.

"Wait! You dropped your– tape measure?" I examine it. It was a tape measure with a hourglass symbol. I pulled the tape and numbers with hour, second, minute and year. There was a button too, up and down and I decided to click it. Then, I realized the tape measure was sort of time machine.

It was snowing, making me shiver. I turned around and I saw the shack except it wasn't. When did the Mystery Shack started? What year is it? I went to the door and knocked.

"Mabel? Dipper?" I called. The door opened. I widened my eyes and it was Mr. Stan but younger.

"Uh– I– Uhm–"

"What are you doing outside in such weather like this?" He said with a worried look.

"I was... Actually stuck here... Because it's snowing hard." I lied. Should I tell him about the tape measure?

"Please, get in and be my guest." I entered. I actually never entered inside the Mystery Shack and wow,  this is what it looks like? It's cozy and kinda relaxing.

"Do you want something?" He offered.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm good. Thank your for letting me in Mr.–"

"Stanford, Stanford Pines." I didn't know Mr. Stan name is Stanford.

"Y/N, Y/N L/N." I shook his hand and i immediately noticed he has six fingers.

"Woah, six fingers." I blurted out and I clapped my hand into mouth.

"No, it's fine. At least you're not scared of me. People call me a freak because of this." He showed his hands.

"A freak? I find it cool and unique, you know? And a little did you know, people who called you a freak is the true freaks." I said and he smiled, making me smile too. This Stan is really different from what he is today but wait... He has six fingers... While in the present he has five... You cant just cut your finger off, right? Did I mess the time? Or does he have a twin?

"You can stay here as much as you like."

"Thank you, Mr. Stan," He suddenly widened his eyes.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Just call me Ford."

"Okay, but I'll go eventually when the weather is fine." I said.

"Can I ask? What's the date today?"

"December 16, 1980," What?! That was 32 years ago!

"You looked surprised."

"Oh, I just can't believe that the time flies so fast, that's all. You know Christmas is coming." I lied. He nodded.