Prologue

Ghosts, bhoot, Aatma, churail, Shaitan, Asur, Betaal, Or spirits - you may call.

We all live in a world surrounded by our beliefs, our own conception and own ways of perceiving any incidents. Me too. I have my own beliefs, and perception regarding things. But there shall be certain incidents in life, which can completely change the base of all your thoughts. Your thoughts regarding people and your thoughts regarding...well paranormal activites.

I am Amaan Mehra, a self made businessman, owner of the "Mehra Hotels and Chains", living in Bangalore and screwed up man. Well, I am not the only person in the world, who has a difficult childhood...Correction. Whose childhood was snatched away ruthlessly like it never existed. I might be very normal during the day, when I am in work, but in actual, the nights haunt me. Traumas from my past come dredging to me whenever I shut my eyes. The darkness of the night runs after me to point the darkness of my life. I can never sleep. Someone very brutally murdered my rest, my sleep and the serenity...

 Someone very brutally murdered my rest, my sleep and the serenity

Myself:Amaan Mehra.

      In work i am not that bad

Flashes of my past comes after me when I am asleep.

I woke up. My eyes pinned on the table clock beside my bed. Its 3:08 at the night. It was a very normal thing to me. Insomnic patients with a tragic past tend to undergo therapy, well which is apparently helps but actually deep down, it is useless. And as expected, I called Sofia Mathews, my therapist.

"Hello, mmm..What is it Amaan? Still can't sleep?" Sofia asked in a distorted, intermingled sleepy voice. My obvious answer was a yes.

"It's haunting me again Sofia. I took the sleeping pills you prescribed, but its of no use." I said, going through my hair messily.

"But its a high dose, it was supposed to work. It worked on the most difficult insomnic patient of mine."

"Well proboably not as difficult as me."

"What I think is, you need a break Amaan. I know you go through very difficult stuffs. Holidays are fearful for you. But maybe this time, take a step. Be brave. Facing your fears will be the most effective solution for eradicating fears. Go on a holiday." Sofia suggested this to me for the fiftieth time in the year. But this time, her words weighed on me, for some unknown reasons. I never took a break. Holidays haunt me.

"You are tenacious Sofia. Okay. I am going on a partial holiday. Vaise bhi, Kolkata mein ek deal finalize karni hai. Ek naya hotel open karna hai. Maybe I can use some extra days in Kolkata."

"Amazing! When are you heading off? Do it as soon as possible." Sofia hung the call.

The soonest date for leaving, I could imagine was two days later. I went off to sleep,or atleast trying to sleep.

Everything was so dizzy, there was smoke everywhere, I could not see anything but the smoke. I ran and ran but reached no where. And the rancid smell was making me nauseous. Where was I? Several questions running in my mind. And then...I heard a voice. A whisper. But it wasn't peaceful.

"You come to me..I beckon you. I waited for you for ages...Come back" The voice whispered and this time in my ears. It was terrorising. Not of a human's. It had a mixture of two voices - an old man and a young girl. I kept running and the whisper kept getting louder and louder. My head was spinning. I panted.

"Leave me alone" I shouted...And then I stumbled. And i fell. I fell on an unidentified grave. I couldn't figure out, what was happening. My body went cold and my breathing stopped. I sweated but i felt cold.

"Come back to me.." This time the whisper was so close, that i felt it was right behind me. I froze. And then the hands came out of nowhere and choked me to death..

I sprang out of the bed, sweating and panting. The sun has already shone. It was 8 in the morning. The dream I had was completely weird and it never happened to me before. It was super creepy. It took me time to pull myself together. My limbs were almost frozen due to fear.

But then, it happened for the first time. I saw my reflection on the mirror. I looked at closely...And I saw finger marks on my neck. As if someone really tried to choke me. It was long, slender finger marks. And i could have sworn to life that it looked like, as if i was choked be a skeleton hand...

Was the dream real?