9

"Do you think, its a boon or a curse to talk to supernatural elements?" I asked Shailza. Her visits to my hotel frequented for the last three days. Kolkata was a good place for vacation. I was getting the hang of the mysteries it came along with. Our hotel project was stalled for an indefinite period of time, because of the accidents. It was a controversial case and was all over the news. So we decided not to ignite the fire in a wrong direction. But I was lot better. Maybe Sofia was right. Opening up to problems and sharing with them might ease up the pain. And after what I heard from Shailza, I realised that I was not the only person who had a traumatising past. She herself is also living in a never ending loop of horror story, haunting her days and night. Shailza was seated on the arm chair beside the window of my room. She gave my question a thought before answering, "Everything comes with two sides." 

"So do you think, ghosts and spirits, they are similar to what people show in movies?" It was the most obvious question to ask. 

"No. It is said, that there are three worlds going on simultaneously, in different space and time line. In Hindu scriptures we call it Swarg, Narak and Mrityu lok, In roman scriptures we call it, Heaven, hell and earth. But I doubt the authetcity of this fact." 

"Why so?" 

"With whatever little I gathered, with my experience, I got to know things doesn't work like that. When people die, their spirits are free of any thought of revenge or anger. They are happy. Normally that's the case. But for the next few days, they feel lonely. They do whatever they want to do, they go and jump to places..But they also require company- maybe of their loved ones or friends or family. So they try to connect to the people they love. They try to take those people along with them. That's why when a family member dies, the others are exposed to danger as well. But after proper closure, like cremation or burial or anything, after proper grievance, the spirit loses its contact. So they proceed to the other world, the life after death. But the souls who are trapped here, they absolutely don't like this environment - they struggle to get out of here. Normally these are the souls who do not get a proper closure. Either they die ina terrible way, or they are not grieved. When they get trapped, then they try to reach help. That's when the paranormal activities come. They try to get attention. For better or worse, most of the people fail to notice these kinda movements."

"So..they harm people?" 

"Souls are just like holograms. They can make you feel their presence, they can make you feel pain, but they are unable to kill you. And also, they are the least interested to kill a person by the way." 

"Shailza, The day, Mr Sen had that accident, I saw a black sillhoutte beside the fallen tree. It was a terrifying figure - hollow sockets of eyes, charred face and a horrifying smile..It was looking at me, smiling. And since then it was haunting me..In my nightmares, that night when I visited the site again, even I saw the dream of her with you!" I said. Fear was evident from my tone.

"I know Amaan. It isn't your hallucination. She was there. She was there on the day of the first acccident, she was there on the day of the second accident and she was there the day when you visited the site as well." Shailza looked at me, terrified. I didn't see her this scared before..

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" I asked, sitting beside her. She breathed deeply.

"The first day, when I saw you across the street, you were calling me but I hesitated? It was not because I was nervous." She said.

"Then?" 

"I saw something. It was a black shadow, that was attatched to you. As if someone was sitting on your shoulder. The entire time, we talked, it was latched with you. It crawled up and down over your body. I was terrified. Didn't you feel weird that time? Didn't you feel cold? Suffocated?" She asked me with the same intensity of worry.

"Yes, I did." I sighed shakily. My heart was pounding faster as I tried to imagine what Shailza was saying. "I felt weird..And yes I did feel cold." 

"Amaan, that thing is like a parasite.It's trying to reach you." Shailza started panting, her body sweating clearly. And she got up from the chair and moved away. 

" Why? How?" I asked. A very scary sensation gushed through my veins. Shailza didn't look like her. As if she was petrified of something.

"The black sillhoutte, you saw the other days, that wasn't real. That was a projection of thoughts that the spirits want to show us. They can not take up a clear body. But they can show you what the feel."

"Oh boy! Yeh sab kya ho raha hai! Iss sab se bahar kaise nikle?"

"The field, if you check the air pressure there, you will find it extremely low. That's the reason you suffocate whenever you go there. I feel it. It has a tremendous amount of fluctuating negative energy. And the site, its loaded with trapped spirits. I saw them with my own eyes. I tried to communicate with them..They want something from us. They want something from you. And untill they are given what they want, they will haunt you."

"What do they want?" I swallowed.

"I dont know..Amaan, promise me, you will be careful." She said.

"Why are you saying this?" 

Shailza's gaze was fixed. It was staring at something above me..

"When they latch themselves to a host, they tend to stay with them..Not always. But most of the time."

"What do you mean.." I was already panicking.

"Amaan stay strong."

"What's happened Shailza!?" 

"It's here. She is here."

"Who is here?" It was the time when I was already yelling.

"The energy I felt. It's here..And it's doing the same. She is sitting...she is sitting on your shoulder Amaan. She is on top of you!" Shailza screamed and said..

And immediately I felt the same weird feeling, I felt choked and I felt cold..