fifteen

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Mark's mood was visibly improving. His sleep deprivation was still apparent, but it didn't seem to be putting him down as much as it used to.

Why?
That was what his friends intended to find out.

It was evening time in the school building and students were milling about after dinner. The moon hadn't quite reached its peak yet, so the entrancing shades of pink, orange and even tinges of indigo near the top flooded down the halls through the windows.

As Ten chatted with another nameless senior whilst strolling down the hall of the common building, Mark froze in his place and watched in wonder.

Jaemin bumped into his shoulder, grunting out profanities as he took a step back and looked around to see what his friend was so taken by.

Once his sights landed on the two boys walking down the opposite direction to them, Jaemin chewed the wall of his cheek curiously and hummed.

"What? What's this?"

Mark continued to move again, brushing off the younger's question and nearing Ten the further he got.

"Oh, hey Mark," the ravenette waved in a cute and friendly way. "See you tonight."

"See ya," the younger smiled warmly, passing him and wondering if the other boy with him was this alleged 'annoying roommate'.

Jaemin scoffed with a small laugh, slapping his friend's shoulder firmly. "Dude, who was that? A crush? One of your dorm-mates' friends...what?"

Flicking his forehead, the shorter shook his head with a small smile and answered honestly. "He's someone I get to talk to at night. He's not insomniatic or anything, and tends to sleep through three or four hours of the night......but it's nice having something to do."

"What's his name?"

"Ten."

"Woah, that guy was Ten?" The bluette gasped, looking back over his shoulder down the empty hall to find that the pair had already disappeared. "No way."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he's just sort of well known around here. He's gay, y'know? A popular and foreign student."

Mark furrowed his brows, not having heard any of that before. He and Ten usually discussed things like interests, or classmates......it made him realise he was dodging more personal questions. "Where's he from, then?"

"I don't know. Thailand or something....." Jaemin shrugged, gazing out the long window scaling the length of the hall. His eyes darted from one thing to another, the sun always falling lower and lower behind the horizon.