twenty eight

─────── • ❥ • ───────

What felt like hours passed, to Donghyuck, though was only about forty minutes. One's mind was a scary and hard place to navigate when left to explore it. The boy could only pace about, think of things to entertain himself, and watch over the sleeping ravenette on the bed.

His thumbnail was dangerously depleting, reaching farther and farther into the bed of his finger. A terrible habit, yes, though one nobody had ever tried to help him fix.

His eyes scanned Mark's body carefully, noting the darkness surrounding his eyes, the pale hue of his skin, and more than anything, the tired look that he didn't pull off. Clearly something had been draining him, and Donghyuck could only assume it was his fault.

Actually believing Mark, had been his first mistake, and pretending that letting his somnambulism take over his life was fine, was his second. He would've been the luckiest boy in the world if he ever found another person like Mark, who looked after him, respected him. There was no way he could go on like this.

Realising that his feelings had somehow shifted, changed, if you will, Donghyuck decided to himself that figuring it out was the most important thing. Letting his confusion swell and fester inside wasn't a brilliant idea, and he hated when people actually let it happen.

"Okay, Sissyboy," the teen sighed as he took a seat on the edge of the thin mattress. The unconscious male beside him didn't make a sound, appearing comatose if Hyuck hadn't known any better. "What are you doing to me? Hm? Why do I feel like this?"

Good questions indeed. Of course Donghyuck had experienced girlfriends, and kisses, and that false illusion that made kids with pure and innocent hearts believe that they were in love. He knew of all those things. But he was seventeen, nearly eighteen.....and matters of the heart were so much more fragile and terrifying.

Loving a man? That thought had never even crossed Hyuck's mind. Though maybe it was about time it did. After all, he was attending an all boy's school.

"What do you see at night?" The brunette continued to fire questions at the patient. Questions that would never receive responses. "How do I look to you? In the dark, asleep, moving on carnal instinct...Does it disgust you? Scare you? I really want to know...."

Or maybe he wanted to know what it felt like to be pressed against one another. To understand the emotions and experiences the older felt as they kissed and messed around.

What did Mark's lips taste like?

Having kissed them a hundred times, and possibly will a hundred more....he really wanted to know. It wasn't at all fair that he was left here, 'blissfully' unaware of his own misdoings while the older could remember every second of it and carry it with him each day.

"Just this once," he whispered quietly, "Just this once, I want to remember it. So that I know what you can see in me...."

It was thoughtless of Donghyuck. Perhaps a brief moment of insanity, or even a challenge to himself.....but the boy leaned in and gently connected their lips.

It was innocent, unlike their situation. At first just a slight brush, a familiar feeling of sparks shooting through his entire being like something had been found. But soon it became more.

Donghyuck couldn't help himself, as the wonderful sensation of soft skin against his drew him in more, enticing him with nothing but a sensation. Little warm breaths were released across each other's faces, an unexpected noise leaving the younger's mouth.

Oh my god, what on Earth am I doing? He suddenly wondered, pulling away to look down at Mark's unconscious expression. Those cheekbones that complemented his smile when awake, and the adorable pout he would wear when frustrated. How could he ever see those again when a sudden kiss would surely occupy all his attention. Dammit, had I known he felt that nice.....

No! This needed to stop, didn't it? No good could come of this, especially when Mark was clearly asleep and hadn't consented to any of it. Yes, it sounded quite ironic when thought of that way. But at least Donghyuck would force himself on the older, and not the other way around.

Mark was asleep. Completely and utterly lifeless for the time being. Sitting here and taking advantage of his perfect body and lips wasn't fair, and it wasn't right.

"I would call you a tease," Donghyuck murmured, sitting back and brushing strands of the other's black hair away from his face, "But I know that if you were awake, you wouldn't have let me pull away. You're too soft and kind for that."

Thus, a sticky situation was born. Both had feelings that really shouldn't have been left so long to cook, and both weren't ready to open the oven and release them.

Hyuck wanted to straighten out one thing, more than anything else. Were Mark and Ten involved with one another romantically? Did he even stand any sort of chance here? Why was he wondering such things in the first place?

Why was a boy screwing with his mind and his heart so much?

"Ugh, maybe I'm the one who needs those pills," the younger shook his head, picking up the tub again and reading over the tiny instructions.

Oh. Was that an idea?

As Donghyuck weighed up a few options, maybe drug induced sleep wasn't such a bad idea. Maybe this would keep him down for the night, and Mark would be able to have the sleep he so vitally needed.

His thoughts were cut short though, as a soft hum and the sounds of someone stretching rang through his ears. His attention shot to Mark, noticing that his eyes were now open and adjusting to his surroundings.

Act natural, Hyuck. He doesn't need to know a thing.

".....Where am I?"

"Nurse's office," the younger answered quickly, scanning over his body to make sure there was nothing wrong. "You've been out for about an hour. Can you remember what happened?"

The ravenette grimaced though with a small smile, "I fell asleep during that shit science class, didn't I?"

Donghyuck couldn't help but giggle, chuckling softly as the other sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Don't worry, I remember. I haven't felt well all day."

"Then you should've said something!"

Mark eyed him cautiously, his gaze slowly dropping to the tub of sleeping drugs in his hands. "Are those.....for me?"

The younger nodded slowly, looking down at them as well and clutching the white container harder. "I was thinking though.....what if I-"

"No."

He frowned, "But this could help us both."

"Donghyuck, no matter how hard things get, and believe me, shit won't get easier....I will be able to handle this. Don't worry about getting up and walking, running, needing to be touched, showering throughout the night. I will always stand beside you, make sure you're safe, and be a body to lean on. I don't care if you're-" he was interrupted by two arms tightly latching around his frame and squeezing tightly.

"Thank you," the brunette whispered quietly into his ear. "I'm so sorry...."

"Don't worry about it," the older hummed back, lacing his arms around his waist. "But I refuse to let you force yourself to sleep without the need to."

Oh no, Donghyuck thought as he pictured those soft lips again, staring off towards the window while wrapped in the ravenette's arms. I'm falling again, aren't I?

─────── • ❥ • ───────