8 - Uneasy

9/20/19

Billie's POV:

Things were going amazing five minutes ago. The show was great, Fin and Lilith did amazing. And talking to my fans during the meet and greet was going amazing. That lasted for five minutes. Right now, I'm on the ground beside Lilith. I feel a stinging sensation on the left side of my waist, and I'm trying to comprehend what just happened. I look to Lilith to see if she's okay and my heart drops. I see two bullet wounds on her upper chest and stomach, the blood slowly seeping down on her crop top and on her joggers. She gets up and hovers over me, lifting my shirt to check my scrape. I see her exhale in relief and collapse back down next to me.

This can't be happening.

I quickly got up and hovered over Lilith. "Lilith you fucking idiot!" I yelled, feeling tears rising in my eyes.

"Come on, stay awake. Tell me how it was drumming for the first time huh?" I asked her, trying to hold in my sobs. Instead, she kept looking at me directly.

"Call 911!" I yelled, hoping my mom or Finneas would do so.

"I'm on the phone with them." Mom said to me worriedly. I kept trying to talk to Lilith, trying to get her to respond to me but she was saying anything.

"They'll be here in 5 minutes." Mom told me. I nodded and looked back at Lilith.

"Please don't give up on me. Please. You can't, not yet." I mumbling, tears streaming down my face.

"Mom she's not responding!" I yell worriedly. She can't leave me. We just met. I just started to like her. She can't leave me. It wasn't until Lilith's eyes closed.

"No no no no no no, Lilith. Come on babe, look at me. Please wake up." I said, now sobbing. Suddenly I could hear the sirens of the ambulance getting closer quickly. I looked up and realized the ambulance stopped and two paramedics came out, wheeling a gurney behind them. I suddenly felt hands on my shoulders from behind.

"Bil, the paramedics are here, we gotta give them space to get Lilith on the gurney," Finneas said hastily. I nodded and looked back at Lilith.

"You'll be okay. You'll come back to me." I mumbled, kissing Lilith on the forehead. I walked backward with Finneas who held onto my shoulders and hugged me from behind as we both watched paramedics carry and set Lilith onto the gurney. Once they stroll her and set her inside the ambulance, one of them comes to me and asks me if I got wounded. I nod and lift the side of my shirt, showing them the scrape. They quickly unzipped what looked like a fanny pack and brought out some wet wipes and bandages. They cleaned the burn and I winced on some parts of the cleaning. They bandaged it and sped walked back to the ambulance closing both doors and driving off to the hospital. I snap out of it and turn around to face my mom and Fin.

"We need to go," I tell them as they nod, we all quickly get back into the SUV's, my mom riding with my dad while I ride with Finneas and Dan is riding separately. We get to the hospital 5 minutes later and we get to the reception lady. My mom talks to her and we get informed the Lilith is in the operating room and that we'd have to wait in the waiting room. We all walk over and sit down, I sit next to Finneas while my parents are sitting on the other side of the room. Dan was on the phone with the venue manager, mostly yelling at them asking them how the hell could they let this shit get through security checking. I sighed and put my face on my hands.

Why the hell would she do something like that? Why? Things were going so well. Everything was okay. Why now? Why does life have to be this way?

I suddenly started to cry without realizing it, and I felt Finneas pull me into a hug. I hugged him back and silently cried.