Chapter 11- Patented Daydream Charms

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. Otherwise, Fremione would be canon.

***

Fred was helping a customer find an item one day when George came up to his side suddenly after finishing a sale. "Your girlfriend is here," he muttered into his ear, jabbing him in the side and pointing at the door. "And so are Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Mum."

Fred gave his twin a look when he jabbed him, but then he realized what he said. "Hermione's here? With Harry and Ron? Bloody hell... what do I do? George, we've never been around each other with them around. Ron wanted to kill me just for returning her book that one time, and I was just flirting with her then. I wasn't serious."

George rolled his eyes at him. "You aren't afraid of Ron, are you? Just relax, mate! Be yourself. Ron is our brother. Harry gave us money for the joke shop. They aren't going to kill you here if you happen to slip. Hermione might though," George added as a last thought.

Fred grimaced at those words. He hadn't thought of that until then, and the thought made him even more nervous. George started steering him toward them. "Go on," he said in an encouraging tone. He nodded and took a deep breath as he followed his twin. George was right. He had nothing to be afraid of here.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were looking around as they got closer. Fred overheard Hermione read something out loud. "Patented Daydream Charms..." He watched as she got closer and held his breath as she read the information on the back of the box.

"One simple incantation and you will enter a top-quality, highly realistic, thirty minute daydream, easy to fit into the average school lesson and virtually undetectable (side effects include vacant expression and minor drooling). Not for sale to under- sixteens.' You know," she said, looking impressed as she looked up at Harry. "That really is extraordinary magic!"

Fred's heart soared as he finally made his way behind her. He had been hoping for a positive comment from her when she first picked up the box. "For that, Hermione, you can have one for free."

He beamed as Hermione jumped and they turned around to look at him. "How are you, Harry?" He shook hands with him and glanced quizzically at Hermione when he saw that she was sporting a black eye. "And what's happened to your eye, Hermione?" Fred asked, titling his head in concern.

"Your punching telescope," she answered ruefully, giving him a quick look.

"Oh, blimey, I forgot about those," Fred said, as he carefully started rummaging around his robes for the antidote. "Here-"

He pulled a tub out of his pocket and handed it to her. "Just dab it on, that bruise'll be gone within the hour," Fred said. "We had to find a decent bruise remover. We're testing most of our products on ourselves."

Hermione gave him a skeptical look that he knew all too well. "It is safe, isn't it?" she asked him.

A grin spread across Fred's face as he heard those familiar words. She had said those words the last time they were together about his cooking. "Course it is," he said gently, meeting her eyes meaningfully.

Ginny was giving Fred a suspicious look, so he reluctantly turned away and looked at Harry for a distraction. "Come on, Harry, I'll give you a tour," Fred said quickly, glad that he had thought of something to escape his sister's questioning gaze. He stole one last glance at Hermione before leading Harry away, but she was busy dabbing her black eye with the paste.