one

leaning pack in her chair, sumiye took a peak at the boy who had sat down next to her. he didn't look annoying, so she attempted to be polite. "what species do you want to do?"

"i don't know; we could google some ideas." he pulled a laptop and notebook out of his bag. as he powered on the device she noticed his notebook was labeled "ushijima".

"oh, i wasn't actually asking." she stared at his face and wondered what it would take to get a reaction out of him. "i already know what animal we should do– i was just trying to be polite."

"okay," was all that he said. his stoic semblance intrigued the girl, and she couldn't help but admit he's handsome. if she wasn't already a taken woman, sumiye might find herself thirsting over the boy next to her.

"i think we should do sharks, especially since it's a big issue in japan." he nodded and started gently tapping on the keyboard. "how long do we have to do this?"

"we have a month for the rough draft; she said she'll tell us the rest of the dates later."

she nodded and started to write on the paper in front of her. "so, do you want to do research for the first week, an outline for the second week, the rough draft for the third week, and editing for the fourth week?"

"that sounds good. we should exchange emails too."

once she finished scribbling, she laid back in her seat. "you don't say a lot, do you?"

"not really."

"that's good," her phone buzzed causing her to pull it out of her boot. "i like it when guys know to shut the fuck up."

~ ✿~

sumiye gets it😋