seven

strolling down the street, sumiye blasted paramore at a deafening volume. currently, it was lunch time and she had just sneaked off campus like the bad bitch she is. lunchrooms are full of annoying people, so she opted to eat at her favorite ramen shop.

the redhead sat at her usual spot by the window, pausing her music to order the shoyu ramen. checking the holy trinity group chat, she skimmed lena and shiro's messages. "i already miss them..."

with a sigh, sumiye's finger hovered over the power button; right as she was about to shut off her phone, the screen flashed caller id. her lips pursed before she hit the accept button. "hello," for third-year monotonously greeted, holding the phone up to her ear.

"why did i just get a phone call from your school saying that you got into another fight?" a voice boomed through the phone. their vexed tone caused her to flinch.

making sure to sound polite she answered, "i'm sorry, father." her tone might have sounded nonchalant, but her face started to twist into a frown.

"when will you finally quell this rebellious attitude?  i'm paying for you to go to shiratorizawa academy, so stop sullying the hashimoto name." although it was the same speech as always,  sumiye started to ball her hands into fists at her father's austere words.

"yes, father."

"this is the last time i'm being so lenient, so start behaving."

"yes, father." right after muttering those words, her father hung up.

sumiye's head held low as she stared pensively at her ramen. feeling diminutive wasn't something new to her, but it still made her fists clenched until her knuckles went white.

"isn't that hashimoto?" tendō questioned the boy next to him. ushijima's eyes followed where he was pointing, landing on a girl in a signature oversized jean jacket and combat boots.

"yes,"

the two third-years were walking back to class from lunch when they noticed the redhead slamming her head repeatedly into a wall. tendō decided it was better to speak up before she got brain damage. "hashimoto-san!" he called out while jogging over, ushijima hesitantly in tow.

sumiye eyes widened as some random guy interrupting her stress relief. her surprise quickly faded as she returned to her usual resting bitch face. "yeah?"

"you're going to end up with a concussion if you keep doing that!" ushijima wasn't really sure why tendō cared, but he decided against voicing his concerns.

in an instant sumiye brought out her usual bitchy attitude. "so? why do you care?" after today's events, she didn't have the energy to deal with another person harassing her.

throwing up a peace sign, tendō proudly stated, "us red-heads got to stick together!"

"my hair is dyed."

annoyance seeped from her voice, but the middle blocker didn't seem to mind. "tomato, tomahto. get it– because our hair is the color of tomatoes!" a chuckle escaped tendō's face while the other two teenagers stared blankly.

"anyways," she shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket. "i'm going to go to class before i get another detention. goodbye, ushijima-san, tomato-san."

"wait," ushijima finally spoke up, his thunderous voice making sumiye stop in her tracks. "how's your eye?"

tendō stared at ushijima with wonder in his eyes. a playful smile made its way on to his face. "awe, wakatoshi-kun, you care!"

his face didn't change as he focused his attention on tendō next to him. "of course i care, she's my classmate and project partner."

"it feels fine, thanks for asking." sumiye interrupted curtly. as desperate as she was to leave this conversation, she decided to add in one more comment with a small smirk. "don't forget, ushijima-san, tomorrow morning you're trying a drink of the gods."

~ ✿~

in french we sang happy bday to this guy for a second time and i'm so jealous,,, LIKE I DIDNT EVEN GET A STICKER THIS YEAR!! FAVORITISM IS OBVIOUS WITH THE FEBRUARY BDAYS!!!