four

the scent of oil wafted through the air until it reach sumiye's nostrils. it brought her comfort, although it wasn't a pleasant scent. strolling through the shop, her footsteps were the only sound to be heard.

"tanaka's motorcycles" was a small shop, a five-minute bus ride from shiratorizawa. the redhead stored her motorcycle here due to shiratorizawa's dorms not allowing any motor vehicles.

"hey, sweetheart," a familiar voice called out. walking farther into the room, sumiye spotted her boyfriend casually sitting on a metal stool.

"where's my monster, kentarō?"

he let out a chuckle at her impatient manner, before grabbing the can placed next to him. plucking the can out of his grasp, she gave him a thank you in the form of a peck.

after using the tab to break the seal, the third-year pocketed the tab for later crafting purposes. "how was your day?"

"fine, but some asshole yelled at me claiming i charged him for things i didn't do."

she ran her free hand through his blond hair while humming in acknowledgment. "we need to bleach your hair again soon; your roots are showing." she noted absentmindedly.

his lips curved into a small smile as he leaned into her soft touch.  "what about you? how was your first day?"

"unsurprisingly, it sucked. i already got a fucking bio project."

"interesting," kentarō looked down fidgeting with his rings. "i was talking with the boys and i think i'm going to upgrade my engine guards on my girl."

the redhead felt her eyes role back into her head at the mention of "his girl". most days it didn't bother her when he turned the conversation back to him– today was not one of those days.

plastering on a fake smile, sumiye felt her polished nails dig into the palm of her hand. "okay, baby."

~ ✿~

i'm so sad my break is almost over,,, i don't want to go back to school hnghhh