Chapter One

Dean's POV:
Sam and I both get out of Baby to investigate a crime scene that pointed directly to a demon.

"Fuck you mean I can't go in there? I was just there yesterday, you fuckin dumbass!" A loud red head kid yells at a cop.

"Hey, Sammy? Is that Charys?" I ask, recognizing certain facial features of a kid we met on a hunt a while back.

"Yeah...yeah I think so." Sam says, walking over with me.

Charys' POV:
Before I can continue tearing into the cop, I notice two familiar faces. Oh, shit. Out of every fake ass FBI hunter that could take up this case....it had to be those two?

"I ain't done with you." I angrily tell the cop who wouldn't let me into the house before quickly storming off, not wanting them to see me. They talk a bit, and Sam heads off to talk to a cop. Dean? Well, he heads over to me. Damn it! I speed walk faster off into the woods.

Once I'm further out, away from everyone else, I run. Running away from an FBI agent would look bad, that's the last thing I need. I start climbing a tree, doubting Dean would climb one to get to me. And I was right.

"Why'd you run, kid?" Dean asks, catching his breath.

"Fuck you think I ran for?" I retort. "I don't like you." I add. I hear him sigh from where I'm at.

"You uh, know anything about the kill?" He asks.

"Yup. Demon, hates my guts. Tried to send him back once." I answer nonchalantly.

"You hunt now?" He asks, eyebrows raised.

"No shit, Sherlock." I quip.

"Alright, uh...how bout you take the case with us, huh? Help each other out." Dean offers.

"Fine. Only cause y'all better than me at this shit and dude just made it personal." I sigh, climbing down.

"Oh and uh, yelling at a cop?" Dean asks, raising a brow as we walk back.

"Yup. Left somethin at the house and the bitch wouldn't let me get it." I say.

"What did you leave?" He pries.

"My mama's vape." I sigh.

"Alright, you head to the car. I'll get it." He says with a soft smile. I nod gratefully and head to the car.

Sam's POV
I walk out and see Dean heading my way, Charys getting in the backseat of the car.

"Kid hunts now." Dean sighs.

"Charys hunts? She's fourteen." I say, surprised. "What's she doing getting in the car?"

"We're gonna help her gank the demon." Dean informs.

"Dean, we were just talking about how she's too young for this. Literally seconds ago. Now we're letting her tag along?" I point out.

"You think she'd listen to us? To us." Dean counters. I sigh, realizing he's right. "This way we can at least try and keep her safe."

"Alright, let's go." I say reluctantly.

"Hold up, I gotta get something for her." Dean says, walking inside. I nod and go to the car.

"Hey Charys." I smile as I get in, trying to make friendly conversation. She just nods a greeting back and plays on her phone. Thankfully Dean comes back a few minutes later to break the awkward tension.

"Here." Dean says, handing a vape to her. Wait, she vapes too? How bad has her life become since....I don't wanna know. But Dean's right, we gotta try and keep her safe. We owe her that much. She nods again to show thanks as she buckles up. Once Dean and I both buckle up as well, Dean drives off.