Chapter Three

Author's POV
"Here we are." Charys says, getting out when Dean parks the car.

"You live here?" Dean asks, gesturing to the run down old warehouse he had parked in front of.

"Yep. It ain't much, but it's enough." Charys says as the boys get out of the car as well. Their faces wrinkle in disgust when the overwhelming smell of weed and alcohol hits their noses.

They didn't like how her life was going at all. On the run, having to strip, street fight and sell drugs to make money. On top of reeking, the warehouse was also freezing cold when they stepped in. There was some furniture, but at best it looked like it was all bought from the clearance aisle in some shady thrift store. Neither Sam or Dean would be surprised if Charys said she'd stolen it from a dumpster. To make matters even worse, a man about Sam's age was sleeping on a couch that stunk of cat pee.

"Charys, who's that?" Sam asks with a raised eyebrow.

"My boyfriend Randy." Charys answers, reaching for a map from a shelf.

"Your boyfriend? Kid he looks Sam's age." Dean sighs.

"So? He thinks I'm 18 and I don't give a fuck that he's a little out of the age range." She shrugs, finally reaching the map. Unfortunately, while grabbing the map she pulled her hand down too fast and brought the old shelf down with it, and the shelf fell to the floor with a loud thud.

"What's goin on?" A gruff yet groggy voice grumbles from the couch.

"Nothin, just work." Charys informs. "Randy, this is Sam and Dean. Boys, this is Randy." She introduces.

"Like, the Sam and Dean who-" Randy starts.

"Yup, they're the ones." Charys interrupts with a glare. Sam and Dean give an awkward and definitely forced smile before turning back to the map Charys grabbed.

"So he should be striking here next." Sam says, pointing to a spot on the map.

"Noooo really? I thought he'd go here." Charys retorts sarcastically, pointing to a spot far away from the previous attacks.

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, let's go stake the place out." Dean says, almost walking out with Sam and Charys. "Hey. Uh, there is something you should know." He says to Randy, turning around.

"Yeah? What's that?" Randy scoffs.

"Charys is a minor. She's fourteen." Dean says. Charys glared intensely at Dean, feuming. How dare he? Like they didn't ruin her life enough?

"No, she's 18. Showed me her ID." Randy insists.

"Yeah. I'm 18." Charys seethes, trying to get him to stop.

"If she's got a fake ID to drink and smoke, you really don't think she'd have a fake ID to pass as 18?" Dean points out. Yes, he might've been overstepping, but no kid should be doing a twenty year old, even if it was consensual.

"Char, go with them. We'll talk later." Randy says to Charys. She nods and storms out.

"You sure that was the right call?" Sam asks gently.

"Of course I do, are you kidding? She was with a twenty year old!" Dean points out.

"I get that, I don't like it either. She's pretty upset about it, though, and I don't think doing things to make her hate us more is a good idea." Sam reasons. Dean just sighs and follows Charys out to the car, Sam following.

Each of them sat in their previous spots, but it looks could kill, Charys would've killed Dean in seconds. Instead of saying anything, however, she just put her earbuds in and blared Cardi B into her brain as Dean drove to the next house.