Chapter Two

Dean's POV
I drive Sam and Charys to a nearby diner so we can discuss what we know about the case.
"Table for three please." I say with a smile to the hostess. She gestured for us to follow her and we do so as she leads us to a booth.

"Thank you." Sam smiles as we sit down. I look around and realize this is the same diner we hung out with the kid in. Well, same restaurant, different location.

***
"And one piece of pie for the little lady." I smiled at Charys.

"Dean, mommy won't let me have pie now and cake later. She made a really good cake." The kid pouted.

"Eh, what she doesn't know won't kill her." I chuckled.

"Thanks, Dean! You're cool!" She smiled.

"We're teaching a kid to lie?" Sam asked.

"Not lie. Withhold the truth." I corrected.

"And I'm not a kid, I'm ten!" Charys added stubbornly.
***

"Hey! Did you hear anything I just said?" Charys asks irritably.

"Uh, yeah." I lie, then shake my head when Charys raises a brow. She rolls her eyes and groans.

"I said the bitch has a pattern. He's making a Devil's Trap." Charys whispers.

"Why a Devil's Trap? Not exactly a fan favorite amongst demons." I point out.

"I don't know. Tell you what, next time I run into him I'll offer him a cold one and we can talk about it." She snaps. I hold my hands up in surrender as Sam chuckles a bit.

"So where will he strike next? Do you have a map?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, back at my place." Charys answers.

"Alright. We'll take you back when we're done here." I say as the waitress comes.

"Can I get y'all started with anything to drink?" She asks.

"Dr. Pepper." Charys orders.

"Beer for me please." I add.

"Water." Sam concludes. The waitress writes it all down and walks off.

"So how long you uh, been hunting?" I ask.

"Two years now, only take cases when I want to, though." She answers.

"Two years? You started when you were twelve? What just, on your own?" Sam asks worriedly.

"Yup. I knew how to kill a ghost, figured out how to kill a demon. Figured it'd be a fun side hoe of jobs." Charys chuckles.

"It's not a "side hoe" of jobs, Charys. It's a commitment, not one a kid should be taking. Certainly isn't fun either, it's serious stuff." Sam says.

"Welp, been through worse, so." She shrugs.

"Uh, what other jobs do you do? You said hunting is an uh....side hoe." I ask, trying to move the topic.

"Stripper, drug dealer, street fighter." She answers nonchalantly.

"You strip? Charys, you're a kid." I say.

"No, I ain't! I ain't been a kid for four years and quit playin like you care!" She snaps, causing some heads to turn.

"We do care, Charys. Sure you had to grow up fast, I get it. But you are still a kid and you shouldn't have to do any of that." I say softly.

"Well maybe if I had a mother I wouldn't have to, but we all know what happened to her, so." She jabs, and with that, I'm quiet. Sam and I both are.

"Charys, we're-" Sam starts after a few silent moments.

"Sorry? Well that don't fix shit, does it?" Charys interrupts, looking away to try and hide her teary eyes. "But working this will get my mind off it so let's just eat and start working. Please."

As if on cue, the waitress returns. This'll be a hell of a night.