Chapter One: Bumpy Seas

Captain Wolfe's ship has now been sailing it's course for Virginia for three weeks now. The excitement of adventure on his ship never fades.

The sun shines brightly through the one giant window in Captain Wolfe's cabin. It shouldn't really be called a cabin, for it is very large and luxurious. Captain Wolfe's arm is hooked over the side of my body and wrapped around my stomach. His breathing is in a loud, consistent pattern as from what I can hear as he lays next to me. I can feel his heart beat through his loose, white blouse that is pressed against my back. The world seems to be in such harmony as we lay there, dreaming peacefully.

I crane my neck to look at Captain Wolfe's peaceful face. The movement of my neck must have awoken him because his eyes slowly open, and now are staring gingerly back at mine.

"Good morning." I whisper, placing a kiss on his chin. The scruffiness of his now growing beard tingles my lips.

"Morning." Captain Wolfe whispers back. His arm tightens around my body. "You're not usually up this early." He teases.

"Very funny." I say, sitting up straight in the bed, looking down at Captain Wolfe.

"I am, aren't I?" He jests, getting out of the bed and walking over to the window. The sun rises slowly over the horizon of the never ending ocean.

I crawl out of the bed and shiver when my feet touch the cold, wooden floor. Slowly, I make my way over next to him.

"The view is beautiful." I say quietly.

"Aye, it is." He agrees, placing an arm around my shoulder. "But Im looking at something even more beautiful." Captain Wolfe says as he looks down at me.

I smile up at him, and then look back out the window.

My mind dreams as I stare at the beautiful sight until a question pops into my mind. "What if she doesn't like me? Your Mother, I mean."

He chuckles at this. "She'll love you, trust me."

"I hope." I whisper.

"I know she will." He answers, looking down at me with compassionate eyes.

"I believe you must be getting ready, Captain." I say, shooting a smirk at Captain Wolfe as my hand rests against his chest.

"I believe so as well. You should get ready too, busy day of plotting and planning ahead." He responds, releasing his arm from my shoulder as he walks over to his wooden closet. "I do have a surprise for you though."

"What can you possibly give me that I have not already?" I respond with a small smile as I sit at the end of the bed.

He pulls out of the closet a beautiful yellow dress with a flowery patten. "I didn't think you would want to wear that wedding dress when we met my Mother."

I walk over to Captain Wolfe and stare with awe at the dress. "It's lovely. Thank you." I say loud enough that he could hear.

He smiles down at me, and then takes his clothing out of the closet. He takes his leather jacket and slips each arm into its sleeve, and places his boots on his feet, which his baggy pants cover half way.

"I'll see you up on the main deck." He says, opening one of the French doors, and then closing it behind him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After getting the dress on with no problems, I look back inside the closet and look at my two pairs on shoes. Being adventurous, I pick the leathers boots which go up to my knee over the heeled wedding shoes. Can't blame me for my choice, right?

Before exiting the room, I fix my red hair one last time, placing a clip to keep the strands of loose curls out of my eyes.

I unlock the French doors and open them, forgetting to look if there was someone in the hallway. I hear the sound of a force hit the left door, and watch the door slowly move back towards me. Realizing that I just hit someone with a door, I close them both quickly, and look down at the figure. To my surprise and shock, the figure is not of a grown man, but of a little boy.

The boy rubs his head as he lays on the ground.

"I'm very sorry! I shouldn't have just burst the doors open like that. Are you alright?" I ask quickly, extending my hand to the boy.

I didn't know Captain Wolfe allowed child crew members on his ship?

The boy then opens his eyes and looks directly into mine. To my surprise, he uses his arms to back away from me.

"Don't be afraid." I say softly to the boy, "What is your name?"

"Luke." The little boy answers timidly and quietly. "Where is the Captain?" He asks even more quietly.

I look at him strangely, for he seems to almost be shaking. "He's most likely on the main deck. Why do you-"

"Please, do not let him know I'm here. Please, Miss Kate, I beg of you." The little boy now pleads while going on his knees. His eyes seem to be filled with tears.

"How do you know my name?" I ask, now helping the little boy to his feet.

"I had no where else to go, so I saw the ship, and I snuck aboard when it was docked in London. You were almost married to Prince Adam, that's how I know who you are." The boy answers as he blinks back tears. "I was in the crowd of townspeople in the Church."

"Shh, it's going to be okay." I say, placing a hand gently on his shoulder. "I'm sure if we just told Captain Wolfe he would be alright with you staying here-" I begin, but am cut off by the silent wheezing of the little boy.

"No, please! You can't! You mustn't!" Pleads the boy once again.

"Why not? I'm sure he would be understanding." I respond calmly.

"He's a pirate. You don't know what pirates do to stowaways like me." The boy whispers. "Please."

I feel much compassion for the boy, because he seems around the age of ten or so. He reminds me a lot of my brother, James. I haven't seen James in a very, very long time though. James is the reason for my cat being named James as well.

I sigh for a brief moment. "Alright, this will be our secret. You can stay in my old cabin, it's on the lower deck. My cat, James, is the only one who uses the room at the current moment. He'll keep you company." I tell the boy with a smile. "Now, off with you. Don't want to get caught."

"Thank you. Thank you!" The little boy says happily as I watch him run down the hallway and turn the corner which leads to the staircase to the lower deck.

Deciding that Captain Wolfe will be looking for me if I'm not up on the main deck soon- I quickly make my way up the steps to the main deck.

•Author's Note•

The long awaited Chapter One of "The Pirates Trouble", sequel to "The Pirates Treasure" is here! Votes and comments are much appreciated! Thank you all so much for reading! Enjoy!