Janes POV

I was visiting Tommy when he started talking about Maura's ass again.

"Tommy stop it, I'm serious." I said.

"I'm sorry, I know she's like my sister, but wow... She's hot." Tommy said.

"Okay, okay, that's enough." I said.

"Its not like she'd go for me Jane, I mean look at me. I'm still living with ma." Tommy said.

"T-tommy can I tell you something? You have to swear not to tell a soul!" I asked.

"Yeah, of course, what is it sis?" Tommy asked.

"Promise me tommy.." I said.

"I promise I won't tell anyone." Tommy said.

"I think.. Well I don't think, I know I like Maura..." I said.

"Well what's not to like about her? we all adore her." He said.

"No. I mean, I've always had a littlr c-crush on her..." I said.

"No way. My sisters a dike!" He said.

"Tommy shut the fuck up. Ive been falling more and more in love with her. " I said. "And I'm not a dike you ass."

"Eh.. You kinda are. Don't worry, I won't say anything." Tommy said.

"Shit I just hope she doesn't have a hidden camera or something..." I said.

"Yeah right." Tommy said.

"I'm just being paranoid, alright, well I'll see you later, I should get to bed." I said.

"Okay, see yah" Tommy hugged me. "Love you."

"Love you too, keep up the good work kiddo." I said and went home.

-------------------

When I got home I rummaged my fridge and cupboards for food, but all I could find was some marmite that Maura gave me three years ago. I gave up and tried to go to sleep on an empty stomach. I didn't want to impose on ma and ask her to make me something before I left so thats my own damn fault.

That stupid marmite. If I hadnt seen it then Maura wouldnt be on my mind. I couldbt call Casey to get her off my head, because he was already up and working. God damn it maura, why do you have to be so perfect!? I tossed and turned and resorted to looking at a picture of me and her.

When morning came around I drove over to see ma and make sure tommy hadn't spilled his guts. I picked Maura up.

"So, this is an interesting case..." Maura said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah, I guess." I said.

"You okay Jane? You're acting strange..." Maura said.

"No, im fine. I just couldnt sleep that's all..." I said stopping to get coffee. I waited as patiently as I could after a restless night.

"I ordered before her, but that's fine."

"Be patient." Maura said.

"Says the woman holding her latte." I snapped.

"I'm going to go get some stevia..." Maura said walking to the milk and sweeteners.

I watched as yet another person got their coffee before me that ordered after I did. "Really, he ordered after me too."

"Some people can be really grumpy. Jane." Neda rolled her eyes and handed me my coffee.

I walked towards the doors grabbing Maura on the way. "Come on before I get really mad." I say and get in my car.

The day at work was awkward and the case was just weird. I've never been called a bad person so many times. I went home and layed down trying not to cry. "Buh buh buh bitch." I sighed

I heard a knock at the door and when I got up to answer it, Maura walked in. "No offense Maura but I really don't feel like hanging out tonight."

"Just let me show you something." Maura said pulling out her laptop.

"If I'm in it, I don't wanna see it." I said.

"No just hold on. You'll like this one." She said pulling up a YouTube video. She showed me a video of me talking to one of our suspects. She named the video Kind detective Jane.

"Aw Maura. ." I said trying not to cry and hugged her. "But its only got 11 views."

"Maybe we can edit in some music." Maura said.

"Yeah or dub in Buh buh buh buhbuhbuh bitch!" I said.

"Yeah and I can rap!" Maura said before attempting to beat box.

"That's not rapping." I said.

"No that's what they do." Maura said.

"That's spitting." I said and handed her a napkin after we both started laughing.

"Okay." She smiled and I smiled back.

"Thanks for showing me that, but I need to get some sleep, you should go home." I smiled and turned off her laptop.

"B-but you never tell me to go home." Maura said.

"Unless you want to sleep on the couch, I need space to rest, because I sleep better when I can move around." I lied through my teeth.

Maura nodded "mmhm, yes that makes sense." She put her laptop in her bag. "See you tomorrow.." She half smiled and I nodded and walked her out.

I layed down in my bed and fell right to sleep.