C H A P T E R T W E N T Y -O N E

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y O N E

Previously

"Yasmine! Nice to see you!"

"Fuck," Imran smirked at me.

"What are you doing here?", I nervously gadget with my phone and took a few steps back.

"I'm here at my company. Outing for some bonding and all that shit, you know."

I let out a small laugh feeling uncomfortable.

"Anyways, who are you here with?"

"Ehm...with."

"Her boyfriend. Nice to see you again Imran", Alessandro came out of nowhere shoving me behind him. His eyes turned cold and emotionless.

"Nice to see you, Alessandro." And with that Imran slowly reached to his back pulling out a gun and shot.

--------------------------------------------

Everything I remembered from this moment on was that Alessandro threw his heavy body onto me and I tumbled to the ground.

Then the fire began.

I heard men and women screaming for their dear lives. Gunshots and screams filled the air. One couldn't see anything in this chaos. Alessandro protectively lay on top of me and shot a few men coming our way. I couldn't do anything since he sat on top of me. I remembered that Imran was just standing next to us, but when I looked over to where he just stood he was gone and nowhere to be seen. I tried looking for him in the chaos, but to no avail.

„Yasmine, listen to me carefully. We are going to leave throughout the bathroom window behind us. Got it?", Alessandro sternly demanded while shooting two men.

„Yes."

He quickly lifted me up and when no one was looking he picked me up in bridal style and made a run to the men's bathroom behind us.
Luckily the windows were large enough to fit in the both of us and we climbed through them. I went first with Alessandro lifting me up. Just when he himself was about to come through I saw someone in the distance running down the street.

I shrugged it off and walked to Alessandro's car and we drove off into the night.

later

"Sir, we weren't prepared for that!", the men in front of me tried calming me down.

We were back at my penthouse-flat in my office. All my men and women gathered around me, the Italian Mob, sitting at a poker table.

I had sent Yasmine off to Brad for the evening telling her I was doing something for work. I didn't want her to see this. I was scared she would leave me. And I could never bear this. This woman is never going to leave me.

I released a puff of smoke from my cigar into the air leaning back. The guy to my left just put six thousand chips onto the table. It was my turn. I laid down my cards.

A king, a queen, jack, ace, and a ten of the same suit; diamonds. Royal flush.

"Figlio di puttana", Matteo muttered under his breath as I roamed in all the chips.

Now with all eyes on me and silence filling the room, I started speaking.

"Voglio sapere come non l'abbiamo visto arrivare."(I want to know how we didn't see this coming).

Everyone either looked away or to the ground. I felt my blood boil like when I saw this fucker Imran near my woman.

"Voglio una Risposta!", I hit the desk with my fist making the people closest to me jump.
( I want answers)