Chapter 5: Sanua Test

I woke up later then usual and to my surprise I was in my sailor outfit. I just groaned before sitting up and pawing at my eyes tiredly with my finger tips. I then swung my legs out of bed before walking into my bathroom to take a quick shower, today was a bit different then the others, seeing as Jonathan was taking the kids to swimming lessons today. I mean I wanted to but today I had to work a long shift at scoops so it just didn't fit in to my schedule. Another thing that was new was Adrain hadn't came home last night so I assumed the girl had a sleepover with her friends which I didn't mind, it even made things easier. After getting out of the shower I changed back into my sailor outfit and did my hair. I then bolted downstairs and grabbed my keys,bag and shoes before heading out the door. On my way to scoops my mind kept wondering to Hargrove, and not like it usually does, I mean about him actually wearing a shirt for once, not to mention we were swimming. Before I even realized it I had arrived to the mall as I parked my car and got out, getting everything I needed. Upon entering the mall I had noticed it seemed a little less crowded but still beyond what I'd like it to be. I then walked into scoops ahoy seeing Robin already there and serving costumers as usually.
"I'm here!" I inform to which she just rolls her eyes. The two of us got to doing what we do, until around 5pm. We still had a while more to go before our shifts ended but when the kids ran in looking frantic, I knew something was up.
"Steve, we need your help.." Mike says to which I look a bit confused.
"With what?" I asked. Mike then leaned over to counter so that Robin could hear.
"We think Billy might be flayed..." he whispers, the hair on the back of my neck standing up. Flayed? How could he be flayed? El closed the gate... but then again this situation they are in is always full of surprises. I let out a small sigh before looking over to Robin giving her a sympathetic look, which made her cross her arms and groan.
"Just go," she says, slightly annoyed by the fact that I keep leaving her. I then smiled before patting her shoulder.
"I promise l'll make it up to you!" I add before leaving the mall with the kids. Once we got to the pool they told me there plan while they had me set up some things like duck tape a walkie to a lifeguard dummy. After everything was ready I then sighed a bit as I looked at the group of kids,
"What if we're wrong? How can we be so sure that this is what's happening? What if we end up hurting him?" I question, not fully comfortable with all the possible outcomes to something that is overall simply just act on instinct.
"We have no other choice Steve, we have evidence, we explained it to you.. sure we could be wrong but if we view it that way and let this slide then we could be putting everyone and Billy himself into danger. We need to know.." he says, letting out a small sigh as well at all that. He did have a point, not to mention the monster had Billy's original strength also at its disposal for basic combat.
"Fine.. your right, but if we happen to be wrong then I'm not talking the blame for it. You here me shitheads?" I say, the kids all nodding in unison to the slight agreement. Then.. it was finally time Billy could be heard changing, the clanking sound of the metal door hitting the locker beside it in the other part of the men's locker room. Everyone was in their place as the walkie talkie then begun going off, Mikes voice transmitting through it. After what felt like hours of Billy hollering over to voice, obviously not being able to recognize it. Billy then walked straight into the sauna as he then noticed the dummy was in fact a dummy and not a human but by then it was to late for him to act as Adrain used her telekinesis to throw him back and shut the door. The other kids racing over to do their jobs, most of them insuring the door was locked and sealed. Billy then immediately begun banging on the door as his eyes scanned the room until they stopped, right on me. I had no clue why but I made me feel uneasy, me myself not breaking eye contact as his eyes stayed locked on mine.
"Steve..?" He mutters, and the sound of my first name coming out of his mouth sent chills down my spine, sent my mind in so many directions. All while not breaking eye contact, neither of us doing so.. what's wrong with you... Billy..?