Chapter 18 (Part 1)

If hugging him had a calming effect, kissing him was the opposite. He wasn't kissing back, probably as stunned as I was with my bravery. I pulled away slightly after what seemed like minutes, could have been a few seconds really when his hand snaked around my neck pulling me back for more.

It was warm. His lips were  chapped and his movements rough and demanding and it reminded me that I was kissing a boy. It was easily the best kiss I ever had. I shuddered at the loss of his contact as he moved back to look at me.

His face was flushed and his breathing was as haggard as mine. Taking the initiative for the second time that night, I positioned myself on my knees veering myself to look at the beautiful boy who kept looking at me in shock. He inched closer when I did and we kissed for the second time.

I tangled my hands in his silky hair, easily one of my favourite body part on him and pulled him closer, if that were possible. He hummed in response and that boosted my confidence even further. 

Anxiety who?

We soon broke apart, gasping. His lips were slightly swollen with a reddish tint and his hair disheveled and pride filled me when I knew that I was the cause of that. In his eyes, I might have looked the same as well.

"Did I hurt you?" I asked, with a teasing grin on my face and he threw his pillow at me as he turned cherry red. 

How the tables had turned.

 I laughed as I caught the pillow, placing it by my side. 

"Shut up." He replied as he fell back onto the mattress, hiding his face from me.

"I did not know you had this adorable side to you, Raven. I'll have to do this more if I can get you to be like this." 

He slapped my thigh as hard as he could and I winced at the force. 

" Go to sleep, moron." 

"Your wish is my command." I sang, sliding under the sheets. I had chased away any possibility of sleeping when I kissed him. Still smiling, I turned to look at the blushing boy who refused to look at me. 

"Good night Raven." 

I ruffled his hair once more and closed my eyes, hoping sleep would abduct me. 

"Good night, Seb."

--

I was extremely grumpy. Now that the high of the kiss had worn off, I was restless and sleepy. I would give my kidney if it meant that I could go back to sleep and remain that way for the rest of the day. But life had other plans. 

I was woken up at half past eight by the sounds of a vacuum cleaner ramming into my door and my mom singing a song in an off-tune key. She knew I hated being woken up that way. I groaned as I kicked around, pressing the pillow against my face in hopes that it would render me unconscious. It worked for a while and I could feel myself drift off. 

It was pure bliss and it vanished when I felt another body ram mine into the mattress. I would have blushed at the feel of his body on any other day but I was way too tired to give any emotion apart from hatred. Still, I wrapped my arms around his torso, reveling in his comforting smell. I maneuvered us with what little strength I had at that point so that I was spooning him.

"Stay. Please." I groaned when I felt him protest. 

"We need to get going, Seb. We won't cover most places if you sleep in." 

I made another sound of protest when he got out of my grasp.

"Tell you what. We can sleep in tomorrow and I swear I'll cuddle with you the whole time. But that's only if you wake up now."
"And if I don't?" I retorted, a little snarky that he was using my weakness against me. 

"No kisses for a week. And you can sleep on the floor." 

"Okay, I'm up! I'm up!"