Chapter 24 (Part 2)

"Ouch." I blurted when I could feel the needle prick me for the millionth time. When Raven had notified me that he had about an hour's worth of committee work, I took that time to get everything ready instead of staying behind and waiting. 

With that gesture alone, I knew Raven had his mind gears try to figure out what I was up to. After silencing his mind for a few minutes with a kiss, and what a kiss it was, I ran back home to where a mess awaited. I was still crocheting when mom wandered into the decorated backyard, her eyes filling with delight at the sight and then told me that Raven was back when she done admiring my work.

I had roped my parents into taking us to the art gallery, which according to my schedule began in exactly two hours. Since we had an hour's worth of a drive, that left me with one hour to finish prepping. I could feel my nerves being fried with the vast amount of tasks left but after taking a few minutes as a breather, the time during which I clung onto Raven like a koala,I was back in action.

My dad ever so kindly diverted Raven's attention by asking him to help him with grocery shopping. So once they were out the door, I was back to crocheting, adding the final touches. Once that task was ticked off my 'To-Do' list, I sighed in relief. Everything was in place and I felt a buzz of excitement. 

My parents then fibbed about having to go to an 'up-scale' dine-out and that we would have to accompany them and after I faked annoyance, I was hurriedly putting on a formal attire. I gelled my hair back, a few wisps of hair refusing to comply but I was satisfied with the look. It made me look good and that gave me enough confidence. 

Raven looked stunning however. I raked my eyes up his body which kept shifting from side to side from my gaze and when my eyes landed on his flushed face, I smirked. I had some sort of effect on him and I loved it. I loved being the one to make the delectable boy weak in the knees because it was usually the other way around.

"You look mesmerizing. I do not think I'll be able to take my eyes off of you tonight." I sang, utterly taken by how he couldn't keep his gaze locked on mine. I sauntered closer to him and could feel him tense as he waited for a kiss or whatever I was supposed to do. 

I placed one palm on his cheek and he tilted his face into it, making me smile. I really loved the power I was having over him right now. 

"You have the most beautiful eyes." I muttered, making him blush even more.

"And then there's your smile. I wish I could take a photograph of that smile and place it somewhere I can see it everyday but even that cannot compare to how radiant it is when I see it in real life."

 I put my free arm around his waist, my emotions running wild at how shy he seemed.

"And your touch. Wow. I could hold you all day and not get tired of it." I tilted his face, making sure that I was gentle with my touches. "Then comes your soul. I couldn't be more proud of how wonderful you are inside out." I kissed him after that, relishing the warmth. A knock resounded before we could go any further and I pulled away. 

"Let's get going. We're getting late." I snickered, as I watched him trip over nothing and we were out the door and our way to my surprise.