Glares.

Glaring. Something Stanley Uris did best.

The losers club was quite used to this, all except one. Y/n. Now, to be fair, Stanley had quite the scary glare.

Sometimes it even scared the losers or simply people in his class that he'd been annoyed with.

However Y/n never got the "scary" glare from Stan. She got the soft, caring, admirable glare from Stan. Not that she could tell though, she shakes under his mere glance.

Stanley's glares were mainly sent to people when he was annoyed, angry, disgusted, or trying to figure them out. Analyzing. And that's something Stan was always doing, analyzing, trying to figure people out.

Nothing escaped him, he was always the first to know if something dodgy was going on or what not. One thing that did escape him, and had been bugging him lately, was Y/n.

Not specifically her, but her reactions to Stanley. She always seemed so tense and scared around him. Normally this wouldn't bother Stan because his motto is "i have no more fucks to give" but this time it did.

Mainly because Stanley adored Y/n. The way she giggled at Eddie and Ritchie's arguing. The way her creative mind worked when the group had a project to do. The way she smiled bashfully at the mere mention of a compliment. He absolutely adored her.

She was new to the group, but she automatically grabbed Stan's attention. She had simple habits that perked his interest.

In ELA, her writing utensils were evenly placed on her desk. When they moved or she used them she'd place them back exactly. Her clothes were always ironed out, never keeping a wrinkle. Her mind seemed to be constantly running, always thinking of new ideas and equations. She tended to subconsciously count at random times, and you could see it when she was nervous. None the less, Stan adored these things as well.

It wasn't like she went mute around him, she was simply naturally quiet. Stan didn't mind this, he did however mind how she almost always kept her eyes to the ground around him. Always beginning to count the cracks in the side walk when she was placed under his confused gaze.

This also didn't mean they never talked at all. They talked just a bit less than the rest of the losers talked with her. And you can bet Stanley kept notes on all he could learn about her.

Stargazing. She likes that..

Afraid of spiders..

Favorite flower is dandelions...

She believes they should be considered a flower and not a weed..

Hates oral presentations...

Her voice gets shaky, which makes her embarrassed..

And numerous other things. However another think Stan was unaware of, was that she did the same.

His favorite fruit is Pineapple..

Dreads Torah reading..

Especially smart in math class, although he never brags about it..

Very self conscious of his body, which is why he dresses up so nicely. In hope to distract from his lean form...

It was around the 4th month of her avoiding eye contact that Stan had enough. So, he did what any normal person would do.
...

Waited until she was alone so he could corner her and ask her.

Yeah, didn't go so smoothly.

"Do you hate me?" Stan rushed out in a confused voice, looking at Y/n even though she avoided his gaze and kept her eyes on the graffitied wall in the ally.

He faintly saw her eyes widen. "No." She said softly, shifting her gaze down. Stan rolled his eyes, "then why do you avoid eye contact with me?" he asked timidly.

Slowly, Y/n turned and looked up, her e/c doe eyes meeting Stans for only the third time in 4 months. She huffed trying to focus on keeping her eyes from shifting down. "It's so i can. Ahem. Talk to you without, um, getting nervous.." She said glancing down quickly.

Stan felt his world crumble. She was nervous around me? Why? I know I can come off as intimidating and kinda a sarcastic asshole but I never acted such ways towards her..

"You get nervous around me?..Why?" He whispered out, heart hanging on by a thread. He never meant to make her uncomfortable.

Y/n shifted her eyes to the side and closed them. Taking a deep breath. She looked back up at him. "Please don't take this in a bad way.. Uhm. It just, when we make eye contact or when I see you looking at me it feels like your analyzing and judging everything I do. It makes me nervous because I want you to like me."

When she finished she looked to the ground, not being able to take his shocked and confusion filled eyes anymore. Stan lightly brought her gaze back to his with his hand.

When they're eyes met he kept his hand on her chin, speaking clearly so she'd hear him perfectly. "I'm not judging you. It's more like.. Studying.. Or admiring." Stan said. He nodded, "Yeah, that's the word. I admire you. Not judge you." He finished.

A smile was place on Y/n's face. "You admire me?" She asked sweetly. Stan nodded again smiling as well. "You're fucking adorable. How could I not?" This brought a giggle from Y/n and Stan swore he would hear that again sometime soon.

"Another reason you made me nervous, and I guess this is the time to tell you, is because i sorta have a crush on you.." Y/n said, her voice slightly shaky.

Stan smiled and crashed his lips onto hers,  which she immediately returned.

"Not one for taking things slow, huh Stanley?" Y/n asked when they pulled away. Stan rolled his eyes, taking Y/n's hand and walking them out of the ally. "I waited 4 months for you to even make eye contact with me. Fuck taking things slow."

Y/n started laughing, though it was cut off abruptly. "Hey, how was the make out session?" Richie teased, earning a slap from Beverly. Stan smirked, which immediately confused Richie.

As they finally got within six feet of the group, hands still connected, Stans smirk only widened.

"It was pretty great to be honest."