Chapter 4: Separated

"I got messages from the spirits, and I have some... News."

"What sort of news?"

Tifu and Oren listened quietly as their father spoke to Rafiki. News?

"What could it be about?" Tifu whispered. Oren shushed her.

"Tifu, this isn't a good idea... We should be sleeping." He said. Tifu shook her head.

"No! I wanna know!" Oren sighed.

"Fine..." He groaned. The voices came again.

"(Y/N)'s mother is alive. There is more to her past than we already know... Her father was a King, and her mother was a Queen. Together, they ruled the Land of the Sun. However, (Y/N)'s father was abusive, her mother ran away with her. Something tragic happened... And something tragic will happen.

"The spirits have told me that something will happen to this land... There is a great evil from within (y/n), and where she is from. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Kion, but there could not be much of a future for (y/n). But her mother is alive."

Tifu and Oren gasped. This... Was definitely news. But not the news they were quite expecting. Oren looked away.

"Mom... What does Rafiki mean, there could not be much of a future for her? And... Her mother? Our grandmother is still alive." He whispered.

"Gramma and Grampa are in the Outlands watching over Aunt Kiara and Uncle Kovu's kingdom-" Tifu started, but Oren cut her off.

"No, Tifu! Our mother's mom! Our grandmother on her side of the family tree! She's still out there... Alive! We have to find her!" Oren cried, hopping over the rocks. Tifu gasped.

"Oren no! She's somewhere in the Outlands, and you know we're not allowed there!" She cried. Oren stopped.

"Gramma and Grampa are there... They can help us find the queen of the Land of the Sun." He explained. Tifu shuffled her feet, then nodded.

"Okay... But mom and dad-"

"Tifu, they'll be fine! Now let's go!" Oren cried as he started to run. Tifu followed. They had absolutely no idea what they were getting themseleves into.

"Tifu! Oren!" You called desperately. The Lion Guard were still searching, but they were close to giving up. There was absolutely no sign of your children. Kion came up to you.

"(Y/N), we'll continue the search later... They're nowhere to be found, I promise we'll keep looking." He said. You rounded on him in anger.

"They are my children, as well as yours! I can't believe you aren't worried about them!" You cried. Kion growled.

"Of course I'm worried! Of course I want to find them! But we've been at this for hours! I want to find them as much as you do, believe me!" He snapped. You scoffed.

"Oh, so explain why you went out of the den last night with the children behind you! Did you not watch them?!" You practically screeched. At this point, the Lion Guard were listening intently. Kion pressed his ears back, in both anger and shame.

"I had no idea they followed me-"

"FOLLOWED YOU WHERE?!" You yelled. Kion roared loudly. You stepped back in fear. Kion gave you a cold glare, and walked back to Pride Rock, his tail flicking back and forth in anger. The others walked away. "Where are you going?" You asked. Fuli turned around.

"Home, (y/n). Your children are nowhere to be found. We'll continue the search later, Ono just left to give the word to Simba and Nala." She said. You flattened your ears.

"Fine. I'll continue the search myself." You growled. The others nodded. They turned around and went to their own homes while you continued searching for your children. Why did Kion leave the den... And why did your children follow him? How long was your family going to be separated?

It's not much, but I've had this draft for a while, and I needed to work on it. Things have been very difficult for me lately, so that explains why I've been on a small hiatus. Updates will be slow, but they won't not be there. Next chapter is going to be simple; a Q&A about me. So if you want to know something about me, leave a question in the comment section and I'll get to it. See y'all later!